1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How to backup samsung galaxy files to computer?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by gadzxcv, Sep 21, 2015.

1. gadzxcv

gadzxcv New Member

As Samsung Galaxy or Note phones is more of life companions than simply mobile devices, they're employed every single day for multiple uses. Even though with quite a few powerful functions, these phones have certain drawbacks, one of which is the backup function. And it's really very bad to lost important data on your phone, data on your Samsung phone can be lost due to various reasons, not to mention deleting data on Samsung phone by mistake, restoring your phone back to factory settings or formatting the phone, even downloading and installing virulent applications can wipe away your phone data. So it's very necessary to backup your phone, Coolmuster Android Assistant could backup almost everything from your phone to computer.

Step by step tutorial:
    Step 1: Connect your phone to computer and start the app, you should enable USB debugging on your phone, then click "Allow" on your phone to allow the program super user authorization when an Superuser Request pops up. The app could detect your phone automatically.

Step 2: Select data to backup
    After the detect, all files on your phone will shown on an interface, and displayed in clear categories, select and check those you want to backup.

Step 3: Now you just need to click "Export" to start the work.

That's all!
    A wide range of Android brands are supported by this Android managing tool, including HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Sony, ZTE, LG, HUAWEI, Dell and many more.

› See More: How to backup samsung galaxy files to computer?
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    sweetzztt and mrje like this.
  2. Jackson

Jackson New Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy that is one year old and I was looking for information on how to transfer files to the computer. Found this in time, or else I would have been holding on a call to the Samsung call center for support. It is so easy that even a child can do it, seriously.

sweetzztt likes this.
  3. Demello

Demello New Member

It is very easy to transfer files from the latest Samsung handsets to a PC. First connect a USB cable and your computer will automatically instal the drivers. Drag the status bar down so that you can see the notification panel and choose how you want to transfer the files.There will be a message that says that you are connected asa media device. Then drag and drop files into a folder that you create on your PC for storing the files

4. Dialtone

Dialtone Member

This is useful information because it is essential to backup all your files to a computer. After all the mobile is a portable device and it can get lost and once it is lost you lose everything that it contained. So never ever have all your data only in your handset because you can easily lose it. Once you have a backup on your computer you can transfer it to your new phone if the old one gets lost.

5. Gaqbbhyt

Gaqbbhyt New Member

Backup Samsung Phone data .I recommend you use Samsung kies .Or you can also use Samsung Assistnat to backup files data.

6. Sandii

Sandii Member

I don't have any important files on my Galaxy other than pictures. When I plug my into my laptop, my laptop automatically detects it and asks me if I want to import everything. I love how easy it is to get my pictures off of my phone.

7. Werfkjl

Werfkjl New Member

We can transfer files in sd card in this way, but for internal memory like sms and contacts, Android file transfer tool is better. See how to guide: how to save text messages to computer

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  8. mrje

mrje New Member

You can use Samsung Kies to backup media files from samsung galaxy to computer, but it doesn't backup text messages and contacts. You can try an android file manager app.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  9. agathacathy

agathacathy New Member

Thanks for your post.

10. mwsinoo

mwsinoo New Member

Kies now is replaced by Smart Switch, which is a quick nice app for device management. Another great app for data backup is Mobiledic Android Assistant.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    Alexander772 likes this.
  11. sweetzztt

sweetzztt New Member

this app is really very easy to use.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?