1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

How-to How to> MP3 Ringtones on the LG Chocolate!

Discussion in 'LG Chocolate' started by JMichel1986, Aug 26, 2006.

1. JMichel1986

JMichel1986 New Member

I recently purchased an LG VX8500 (The chocolate to some,) and I wanted to use my MP3's as ringtones, but I knew verizon stiffs it's customers like that.

Sooooooo.. I straight up asked the employee "Do you know if there is any chance Verizone will stop screwing customers and start letting us use our own MP3's for ringtones?" He gave me a sticky note and told me to write down what he said.

The employee gave me two urls, one for a converter, and one for bitpim. He said to use the VX8300 settings for the chocolate and that they should work, then he showed me what ringtone MP3's he made for his own phone.

I left with a smile and a laugh, and then went home and did what he suggested. It worked, and now, I'm a happy camper. :smart:

Just thought I'd share with you guys.

› See More: How to> MP3 Ringtones on the LG Chocolate!
    2 people like this.
  2. Brad729

Brad729 New Member

Re: Apparently I talked with a cool Verizon employee..

That's great to know, and I'm going to change the title of this thread so people can search for it later and hopefully your post will help others with the same problem. Thanks for sharing your experience! :p
  3. anthony2558

anthony2558 New Member

Could you share those URL's with us. Thanks Anthony.
  4. thedude9990

thedude9990 New Member

yea can you share, for ringtones i just recorded a song then i texted it to my self it doesnt come out great but its better than hearing beep beep beep
  5. Brad729

Brad729 New Member

Use bitpim at your own risk. It's not supported by your cell provider and if you damage your phone with this software it's nobody's fault but your own. That being said, you can find bitpim with google. If you need an audio converter, you can find one that suits your needs by going to download.com and searching freeware. Hope this helps.
  6. sahrab

sahrab New Member

Cant you also send them to yourself through the VZWPix site?
  7. jessica5483

jessica5483 New Member

hello. i just got my LG VX8500 (chocolate) today and cannot send the music from my bluetooth enabled laptop to my phone. any idea how to get past the block on this phone or where i can get info to do so. Thanks
  8. spum

spum Random News Bot

The bluetooth has been disabled by the manufacturer. There's no workaround.
  9. JPacio

JPacio New Member

Not yet anyway.

I've been thinking of getting a Chocolate as well, but I read a user review for it which said it had poor reception.:( Is that true?
  10. spum

spum Random News Bot

I don't know. I haven't had the chance to get one out or to get any real customer reviews on it. It doesn't have analog capability, but neither do a lot of phones. I talked to a guy that had one for about a week, and he liked it a lot. He didn't get real specific about anything though.
  11. ez.breezy

ez.breezy New Member

Hey guys I need help!! I purchased a Chocolate and I also purchased that music package. Unfortunately I have a Mac so all I have now is a USB cable. I downloaded Bitpim so I could us my mp3's as my ringtones. But, for somereason when I plug my phone up to my Mac and turn on Bitpim it doesn't read it. What am I doing wrong?
  12. phatzo

phatzo New Member

I havent had any connection problems w/vx8500.... atleast not compared to my i730
  13. Adrenachrome

Adrenachrome New Member

wait.. I've sent probly 20 ringtones over bluetooth to my 8500, someone is lying
  14. IBLaZeNI

IBLaZeNI New Member

Sup guys. I got the Verizon Chocolate phone and I wanna put music as my ringtone. I have the usb cable & everything. However i dont wanna pay for anything lol. I wanna know if there is a way to get music [songs] as my ringtone on the Chocolate. Someone help me.
  15. romeoladoux

romeoladoux New Member

here is a way that i found out how to send ringtones to your chocolate phoneS! i have a tmobile mda! best phone in the world! ok here is how you do send the ringtone as a picture message! mms! make sure that is no loger then 300k and send it to your verizon phone! and your in like flin! i use i tunes to chop the music make the song 12 sec long! i know its short but **** it! it works! send the ringtone to your tmobile phone and then send it as a mms and the chocolate should get it!
    1 person likes this.
  16. Bongo2134

Bongo2134 New Member

ok so I downloaded the Bitpim thing and figured out how to set songs as my ringtones but Im only able to put the whole song on there and I dont want the whole thing. Does anyone know how to cut a song down to about 30 seconds and put it on there? If you do let me know.... thanks!~
  17. spum

spum Random News Bot

18. Archangel1596

Archangel1596 New Member

I found that you can cut down the file size with BitPim by going into add song with the little music note with the addition symbol next to it and go find the song you want to cut and go down to where the red and purple bars are and move them to where to want them. When you think you have them where you want them, click on play clip and that will be the sound that comes on your cell. The only thing I can't figure out yet is when i do get my 30 sec clip on my phone and set it to caller id and call my phone from my house to check it, I get my VZW default ringer coming out of the speakers. Any help or advice anyone could give me?
  19. anmol_da_great

anmol_da_great New Member

i own the 8600
    i just downloaded audacity
    cut a mp3 to less than 30 seconds
    saved the selection to mp3
    emailed it to myself xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com
    open and saved as ringtone
    sq is perfect
    and music essentials kit/micro SD are not needed

i also figured out how to put about 180 songs onto my 8600 if anyone needs help w/that too
  20. biggpmm

biggpmm New Member

hey whats up im new to this and i just bought my new lg white chocolate phone so its kind of new and i wanted to know is there a way to use bitpim or something like that to send ringtones to my phone because i downloaded bitpim and it says that the firmware version for the chocolate on there is T85VZV03 and i have T85VZV04 does that mean theres no way to send ringtones to my phone i have the music essential kit if that is necessary

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?