1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to How to> MP3 Ringtones on the LG Chocolate!

Discussion in 'LG Chocolate' started by JMichel1986, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Archangel1596

Archangel1596 New Member

I honestly don't think that there will be a problem with it unless that is as far as it goes as far as getting BitPim to work. There will be updates on BitPim, but I can't tell you when because I honestly don't know but if it doesn't work right now, then it will soon. Just keep checking out the BitPim website and they will let you know.

› See More: How to> MP3 Ringtones on the LG Chocolate!
  2. phatzo

phatzo New Member

I own a chococrap and am having a hard time, I am really missing my i730 right now, it was so easy to make and load ringtones.... anyways I have read what you guys have been saying and I D/L audacity and took an mp3 cut it down to 300kb and loadded to my micro sd put it in the "sounds" folder and I could not get it to work as ring tone, I saw no option to save as ringtone either, then tried to email it to my phone but emails with the mp3 were never received. I can get text and pics but not email w/mp3 file attachment. Any help is greatly appriciated!

3. Archangel1596

Archangel1596 New Member

D/L BitPim. Go to google and search for it and download the latest one. It wont be hard to find. when you do that, plug your phone into the computer and let BitPim find it, then use the ringtone selection to find your sound clips

4. MttFrog13

MttFrog13 New Member

so theres no way to get all those free java games yet for the new lg phones. I feel so cheated not being able to get those games. I'm not about to pay $10 for tetris. What happened to the good ol' days when phones came with a few free games.

5. MttFrog13

MttFrog13 New Member

when u say 180, do u mean u can fit more songs than usual on ur phone, i have the music essentials kit, and when i synced songs to my 8600 i made wmp convert them to 128 bitrate to save a little space. I have the 256 mb card and am thinkin about buying a 1gb card.

UPDATE: I just converted to the different bitrates, the lowest i will go is 96. And isnt wma smaller than the mp3 format?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  6. Adrenachrome

Adrenachrome New Member

So this is my third 8500, and now they've updated the software, Bitpim says 'blocked by this phones provider'

7. 1stopcellular

1stopcellular New Member

MP3 to ringtone GOLD may be able to help you out.... check it out here: oursdownload.com.

It's right at the top of the webpage. I've heard good things about it.

Good Luck! :)

8. heliandrew

heliandrew New Member

hey, i got the same fone. i downloaded audacity like you said and cut a song but couldnt figure out how to save it as an mp3. it saved it as an audacity file. i went to export mp3. i got a pop up that said audacity doesnt not export mp3 file directly, but instead uses the freely available lame library to handle mp3 encoding. do u know how to download that now? thanks for your help.

9. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  10. jake88

jake88 New Member

It's not really Verizon that's stiffing us though, right? They had nothing to do with the actual programming of the phone, or the capabilities of the software. So, really, it's LG that's stiffing us, not Verizon. At least that's what the dude from the Verizon store told me.

I don't know, just thought i'd throw that in there!

11. PShap

PShap New Member

Hey guys, I just got a chocolate and I bought a separate memory card cheaper than Verizon's music pack, however, i was wondering if there is any way of doing this without a USB cable, just on a memory card

12. Bri

Bri New Member

what.. really
    how

13. RClarity

RClarity New Member

Hi guys...new here...I've found your discussion very helpful so far, but I've hit a snag I don't understand. I downloaded bitpim like you all have suggested and it cant find my phone. It's the LG800 chocolate it says...I tried to go in to 'phone finder' in the settings but I'm with Bell Mobility and when I click on that list and then the LG selection on the next list it only lists two phones and mine is not one of them! How come it doesn't think that Bell has this phone?? Help!

Thanks!

14. NYKEYS

NYKEYS New Member

I just got my chocolate last week. You can get a memory card reader and transfer your files.

15. derek51984

derek51984 New Member

Your completely right, I called LG and asked the guy about the bluetooth issue of not being able to recieve ringtones by bluetooth. He gave me the same URL's. I perfer the "BitPim" program. It is so easy to use and you can create your own ringtone with any song you want, and the program is free.

16. OURKlD

OURKlD New Member

Thanks!!:)

17. DedSysOp

DedSysOp New Member

Verizon has a long history of screwing over their customers. Their only saving grace is their coverage and internet.

18. blackspot007

blackspot007 New Member

For ringtones on my chocolate,
    1. Convert files to mp3s with NoteBurner
    2. Use audacity to take out a section of the song
    3. Put it on my microSD 2GB card, in the "Ringtones" folder
    4. Pop in card, put as ringtone
    5. DONE!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  19. blackspot007

blackspot007 New Member

Link for Audacity: Click HERE
    I'd recommend beta, but if you don't like programs sometimes crashing (very unlikely), you may want the older version.

If you want to spend $2.00, you can send one of the free ringtones from MYXERTONES to your phone ($2.00 from mobile web cost).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  20. bones9696

bones9696 New Member

personally i found the easiest i think to get mp3 ringtones!! Took me a whiel to figure it out like a week but i did.

All you have to do is connect your phone to your computer via usb then go thru my computer and open the folder that contains your phones files there should be like around 4. The thing is there is a HIDDEN folder named "RINGTONES" so you have to go to the menu at the top "VIEW">Toolbars>Customize then look for the "folder options" and add it to your tool bar. Now click on "Folder Options" in your toolbar and go down to a part taht it says show hidden files (says not recommended) enable it and go back to the fold and you'll see teh RINGTONE fodl just drag and drop into that folder!!!

NOTE: Disable it if u have young children or careless people using ur computer because u don't want them to delete a vital hidden file somewhere else in your system

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?