1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

How To set ringtones for LGVX 9900

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by Cynsis, May 30, 2007.

1. Cynsis

Cynsis New Member

Ive been reading on this forum to see if there is a way to set my ringtones but at the moment im still at a stand still as for what to do.

When i pop in the card reader to my computer all i get is the same 4 folders which are :
    my_pix
    my_flix
    my_sounds
    my_music

how do i set the cropped mp3s i made as ringtones

› See More: How To set ringtones for LGVX 9900
  2. geoshieh

geoshieh New Member

I'm not sure what the best way to make your own custom ringtones is for the VX9900.

I just tried using this site and it worked:

Free Ringtones from Phonezoo: Create and Download Free Ringtones from Your Music.

It is free and it works well. After you register for that site, you can create your own ringtone by uploading a file, and then picking or cropping a portion of that sound file (max of 20 seconds). Then, they will picture message you that sound file, and you have the option to save it as a ringtone with your phone.

The only charge is 25 cents for receiving the picture message if you don't have it covered with your plan. Check out that site for more info, it is pretty easy. Let me know how it works out for you.

3. Cynsis

Cynsis New Member

I dont really have picture messaging so that wont really work out for me but thanks for the suggestion. Still trying to do it through my card reader

4. geoshieh

geoshieh New Member

well if you get desperate, you can pay the 25 cents for each picture message. I do wanna figure out a way to do it without pics messaging too though. Or maybe I will add picture messaging to my plan.

5. Cynsis

Cynsis New Member

ok i found the solution to this problem.

Btw, this is using the MicroSD reader that show the four folder options.

1. Use whatever program you have to cut or crop the music down to probably around 30 seconds or so.

2. Transfer via Reader into the My_Sounds folder.

3. Go to get it now Music & Tones, then go to My sounds

4. Select your sound, then send it to yourself.

5. Once you recieve the file, it may have a error open at first but reopen and save as ringtone.

Hopefully this will help people out who have the reader and formatted their card.

6. geoshieh

geoshieh New Member

When you say to send it to yourself, you mean pic message it right? If so, that is the same thing as using phonezoo, except you only pay to receive the message, and they do the cropping for you.

If you send it to yourself, and receive it from yourself, dont you pay twice as much?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?