1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

HTC Droid Incredible: Phone crashed/gave error message after latest update yesterday

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by limim, Sep 29, 2011.

1. limim

limim New Member

I have a fairly new HTC Incredible. It updates on its own. Last night it started an update. It appeared to have finished and then restarted. However, when the screen came back on I got a, Locked Security warning message with the following.
    vivo_w xb ship s-on rl
    hboot-0. 98. 0000
    radio-1.09. 01. 0722
    emmc-boot
    Jul 18 2011, 12:39:36
    Then there were a few choices that you could up and down to with the volume button. Bootloader, reboot, recovery, factory settings and power down. It will NOT power down and every option I try brings me back to the same white screen with the above info on it. At one point it did freeze on the white screen with the Droid buggs on it. It stayed that way all night. I tried taking the battery out, but it comes baack on to the same white screen. I can not get it to power off in any way. Also, the phone was not disturbed in anyway while it was trying to update. It has successfully updated once in the past. HELP!!!!!!

› See More: HTC Droid Incredible: Phone crashed/gave error message after latest update yesterday
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Hrm, something definitely went wrong during the update - I would do a hard reset (this will clear everything on your phone):
    • from the menu select 'Clear Storage' by pressing volume down
    • Press the power button to select
    • choose yes to clear everything

After this the phone should be reset to factory and reboot. You'll have to reinstall your apps and do the Android update again.

3. JesusB11

JesusB11 New Member

i have the same problem but when i try to factory reset the phone it just freezes for a long time then it shuts off.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?