1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

I accidentally changed my cell phone's identity number?

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by scooterinnc84, Oct 20, 2010.

1. scooterinnc84

scooterinnc84 New Member

Okay, the other day, I was probably snooping around on my cell phone where I wasn't supposed to be. I came across some hidden menus on my samsung intensity phone with verizon. I had to type in a password, which I found on the internet to get to these menus. I had no clue what any of the secret menu options meant that I was looking through on my phone. I was about to close out of everything, and than my cell automatically restarts itself, and than I couldn't make calls from it anymore because some operator picks up. I called Verizon customer service, and they guided me through the problem, and the guy that was helping me out said I had changed my identity number. I told the guy I had no idea how I did it, even though when he was helping me fix the problem we were at the same menu I had went to to cause the problem. It was somewhere in Network settings. I still didn't know what I did though in the Network settings to change my phone's identity number. What is a cell phone's identity number and what changes did I make when I accidentally changed my identity number? Was it illegal for me to have gone in and accessed these menus?

› See More: I accidentally changed my cell phone's identity number?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?