1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

I got a vx9900 a few questions...

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by RiSEp, Jan 9, 2007.

1. RiSEp

RiSEp New Member

First off anybody thinking about getting the VX9900 i highly reccomend it, esp if you are into txt messaging, aim and mp3's. By far the best cell phone i've ever had (ive had everything from a bag phone to a sidekick) and for $149 with 2year contract its a great deal. Anyway my questions are

1. Is there anyway to get text files to the notepad section? Im trying to get a list of my DVDs on my phone for refferance.

2. Is there a way to make the video capture longer then 15sec? I have a 256mb card in there now, and have a 1gig on the way. ($15 from slickdeals.com)

Thanks!

› See More: I got a vx9900 a few questions...
  2. paulcman

paulcman New Member

1) No, the 9900 is not capable of opening files like that.

2) Yes, go into the options when you are in video mode and change "duration" to "available memory".

3. RiSEp

RiSEp New Member

I guess i can type all 536DVDs in by hand haha, thanks for the info.

4. John_Grill

John_Grill New Member

I having a problem with my the mp3 capabilities of the phone. I put music directly on the memory card and put it into the phone and all of the songs do not show up. I will put 38 on there and only 17 are in my library. Is my card bad or is it something else because the pictures i put on it are working.
    I use a 1 gb sandisk microsd card. I thought i could circumvent the Music Kit but it looks like they got me.
    Can anyone help me???

5. RiSEp

RiSEp New Member

the mp3's that arent showing up are maybe converted diffrently? I've only uploaded CDs that ive ripped with windows media player in wma format and it works great.

6. ycartf

ycartf New Member

I know on my VX5300 I can send things into notepad with bitpim, but the better thing I have found for having records in the phone would also work with your vx9900. Just email yourself the info at ??????????@vzwpix.com (question marks being your phone number) and it can all be in one file with more than 150 characters like the notepad. I sent myself a 53 page document and received it on my phone all in one file. It is cool.

Tracy

7. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Make sure that there are no foreign characters in the song title such as $, #, %, *, &, etc. If there is, the phone won't recognize it and/or the song.

Also make sure that there is not one title that is over 12 characters in length. What I mean is that there is not one word that has over 12 characters in it....example:

Red White and Blue by Lynyrd Skynyrd is fine as there is not one word that has over 12 characters in it.
    Red White and Blue by LynyrdSkynyrd won't show up as the word LynyrdSkynyrd is over 12 characters long.

8. John_Grill

John_Grill New Member

Thanks!!!! It worked perfectly!!!!

9. MedicineMan

MedicineMan New Member

Hello all, excellent forum here! Hope a newb question won't offend.
    I've got the LG 9900 (enV). I want to transfer pics from it to an HP 4700 PDA....both are bluetooth equiped so it should be possible right?
    Thanks for any clues.....Robert

10. RiSEp

RiSEp New Member

i have a universal USB card read (Which was free) and transfer all my files with that. I moved all the stuff from my old treo to my enV.

11. MedicineMan

MedicineMan New Member

thanks RISEp but my PDA doesnt have a USB port for a card reader...but maybe someone makes one,,,,but i was thinking the beauty of bluetooth was the ability to transfer photos/music/whatever without connecting wires...

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?