1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

I Live in NY need to know what will give me the best service.

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by Riu, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Riu

Riu New Member

Will Verizon do the best from NY to MA or will Nextel or any other do better?

› See More: I Live in NY need to know what will give me the best service.
  2. waywith

waywith New Member

From NYC to Mass. Verizon will probably give you the best service. Cingular would also most likely be very good as well.

I am assuming that you are talking major cities/towns and along major roads, such as the Interstates and the Mass. Pike. If that is the case, and you will NOT be going into the rural areas, then Sprint will also give you good coverage.

If you will be going into rural areas, I definitely would stick with Verizon, they have the best coverage there, either thru their own
    "native" coverage or thru their roaming partners, part of their Extended Network.

I would stay away from Nextel. You might luck out and not hit an area where they have no service, but they lack service in some fairly decent-sized towns in New England.

-waywith

3. skyhi30

skyhi30 Banned

att is the worst

4. itzup2me

itzup2me New Member

my 2 cents

I would agree with Waywith's statement, but JD Power and Associates ranks T-Mobile and Verizon as the top two options in your area.

5. volsfan0911

volsfan0911 New Member

I just moved across from the City (Bergen County in Jersey). I had a Treo 600 w/ Sprint in Richmond with few complaints. Sprint absolutely sucks up here (girlfriend dumped them also due to same crappy coverage issue). I hate the GSM services (friends w/ Cingular that you can't talk to, etc.). Hooked up w/ Verizon a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier. Zero dropped calls, excellent strength and clarity. Good signal throughout the City and all around north Jersey plus out in the sticks down south. Had them years ago in SC and their service is easily the best I've had among any carrier. New family plans are a great deal. Both of us are consultants so we live on the cells.

6. Dolphinspirt

Dolphinspirt New Member

Get off that Nextel idea RIGHT NOW. They're service up here sucks. I live in Beacon New York and I say that Verizon is your best choice. You hardly roam up here. At least thats what I heard from my fellow students at my high school.

7. rasputinj

rasputinj New Member

stay away from Nextel, your best coverage overall will be Verizon..

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?