1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

I need help with LG Env (VX9900)

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by E.Frost, Mar 1, 2007.

1. E.Frost

E.Frost New Member

Hi, I recently bought my LG Env (VX9900) and absolutely love it. However I'm having problems with transferring music from computer, songs, etc.
    I bought a 1 gig memory card, formatted it, USB cable, and then downloaded the V Cast Music Essential Manager.
    When I click on Music on my LG Env and then press sync on my cell phone, it says connecting...then a message on my phone comes up saying this:
    Connect Failure.
    Please check your cable connection to the PC.
    Press END or CLR to exit.
    My cable connection to the PC is perfectly fine, so I'm assuming it's the computer, V Cast, or whatever having a problem recognizing the phone. Can anyone help me with this problem? Much appreciated, thanks.

› See More: I need help with LG Env (VX9900)
  2. prankster6

prankster6 New Member

LG device - sync music issue
    concern: there is a potentail issue with verizon wireless LG units where the V CAST music sync music application experiences:
    -Device showing "Connect Failure"
    _XP's Device Manager can not recognize V Cast Mobile phone as Windows Portable device

Probalem Description: the user will receive repeated :connect failure" message on the phone because the PC isn't capable of "Sync Music" for any LG device until the windows registry values are modified.

Resolution: check if windows media player 10 or later is installed on youe PC correctly first. if you are not sure about this , please vist Microsoft Corporation to download and install WMP 10 or later. if WMP 10 or later version is correctly installed on your PC , and cable is inserted correctly piease download following tool to resolve:

1. instruct customers to open a web browser and go to http://us.lge.com/md/product/vcast promotion.jsp
    2. follow the online instructions to resolve.

3. paulcman

paulcman New Member

A clarification to prankster's post: WMP10 is the only supported application for music sync. WMP11 is not supported.

4. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

Ummm...why not just take your memory card out of the phone (after the phone has formatted it of course), put it in a card reader attached to your computer and transfer all your songs over that way?

It takes about a 1/4 of the time, and you don't need to go through all the steps you are doing now.

5. ch4in54w

ch4in54w New Member

Not to attach to another post, but i didnt want to start another thread... How do i turn the front LCD off completely? every once in a while it turns off.. but how to i make it go off once the backlight goes off?

I cant find ANY documentation how to turn it off.. but i KNOW it turns off since its done it before?!?!

6. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

The front LCD settings are located in Settings and Tools. You can set how long it stays on...from 5 to 30 seconds.

Once the backlight goes off, it will dim down for a bit longer (back light will turn off, but you can still see the image/wallpaper dimmed down) and then go completely blank.

If you are talking about going from lit to completely blank, there is no documentation on it, that is a programming function from LG.

7. ch4in54w

ch4in54w New Member

yeah I ended up calling tech support, they had me do a reset on my phone and it fixed the problem..

I am pretty pissed now though I JUST got this phone and already I managed to crack the front display from the cold weather outside (its cold in south dakota!) so I have to go exchange it ... thankfully I bought insurance lol

8. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

LOL...yeah....it's damn cold here...at least in the South Eastern part of SD anyway. They closed off the highways and everything these past couple days. Tried to go to work yesterday, and the highway patrol made me turn around and go back.

Sorry to hear about your screen!

9. ch4in54w

ch4in54w New Member

hey you are in SD too? awesome! small world

10. griff29

griff29 New Member

Can some one help me by telling me how to connect my env to my pda as a bluetooth modem

11. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

You should open a new thread for this...

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?