1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

I wanna to completely delete messages on iPhone before selling

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alexander772, May 19, 2016.

1. Alexander772

Alexander772 New Member

I have lots of text messages from like 2015 on my iPhone and every time I delete them all individually! The next time I turn my iPhone on and off all the messages are back! It's really annoying and I wanna to sell my iPhone 6, anyone helps?

› See More: I wanna to completely delete messages on iPhone before selling
    enjuddy likes this.
  2. protomik

protomik New Member

You need to sign out iMessages on your iPhone first, then you can delete them one by one or in bulk. If you are going to sell the phone, I'd suggest to permanently erase the phone for data security.

Alexander772 likes this.
  3. Alexander772

Alexander772 New Member

but how to permanently erase data from iPhone? performing "Erase all content and settings" will erase data without recovery?

Last edited: May 24, 2016
    protomik likes this.
  4. protomik

protomik New Member

SafeWiper iOS Eraser is the tool you can give it a try. It can permanently remove the whole data on iPhone by overwriting random digits to the drive.

5. Alexander772

Alexander772 New Member

thanks, i will search it and try it, hope it works!

6. Werfkjl

Werfkjl New Member

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  7. yonglan

yonglan Member

Actually information leak is very terrible. Before you sell your iPhone 6, there is need to wipe all the data on it. And here you can try pro iPhone Data Wipe software to do the data eraser on PC. It's easy and without restoring.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  8. Gaqbbhyt

Gaqbbhyt New Member

How to permanently delete text messages from iphone . The most secure way is using professional third-party software . It is a reliable and effective eraser tool and it supports erase iphone,ipad ,ipod all personal data , like contacts, messages, photos, videos, apps, account info, passwords and more .

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?