1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

I'm done with Verizon, This is bullsh1t!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by alexh3116, Oct 14, 2012.

1. alexh3116

alexh3116 New Member

I have called Verizon over 100 times in a 6 month span and still can't get any help. I've never been rude, I've been very patient and understanding even when their reps have been rude and acted like god damn snobs for the most part.

Here's the deal:

I have an iphone 4 that I got back in Sept 2011. It worked perfect in Houston, TX no problem, but as soI. As I moved to Galveston Island my service went to sh1t. I have to do the *228 option 2 about three times a day, I would do it more if I had the patience, but I'm beyond frustrated with the service!

I have called tech support over 100 times and spent hours trouble shooting the phone with little to no success. The little success lasts about an hour, then back to being horrible.

Problems are:
    1. Phone rarely connects to wifi (work or home) contacted Comcast and found that the router is in perfect working condition. Verizon did a warranty exchange, the new phone has the exact same problem!
    2. Phone won't connect to mobile data most of the time, every time i go to safari i get a network cant connect message, called verizon and spent hours on the phone doing a factory restore, the *228 crap and tried turning the phone on and off....nothing has worked!! I rarely am able to connect to mobile data for a whole day without problems, but other than that its only about half an hour per day here and there.

Another thing, there is always a circle where my signal bars go, this lasts about 80% of the day, EVERY DAY!

Have asked for an early upgrade for the horrible service with NO SUCCESS! I have 4 lines and really want to cancel but the eft is the only thing stopping me! Verizon pretty much said there is nothing else they can do

› See More: I'm done with Verizon, This is bullsh1t!!!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  2. jatidam

jatidam New Member

keep youre bul**** to yourself
  3. Textaholic

Textaholic New Member

My suggestion to you would be to call Verizon and talk to their Customer Retention Department. If you have a serious problem, then this is the only department you should ever talk to. However, if you can't connect to your wi-fi then it is probably a problem with your settings not the phone itself. Since the wi-fi is using your home internet and not the cell provider's signal.
  4. camstuf

camstuf /\/\s.Super/\/\odette

^Retention dept is the way to go.
    Also, take phone in to repair center for testing
    ... Last resort would be BBB.org, You will get results there but keep to the facts.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  5. alexh3116

alexh3116 New Member

Trust me, I've taken the phone to Apple they've looked at it and to make matters worse, every time I go in, the dang phone starts working fine. I've spent hours upon hours trouble shooting with tech support and its done absolutely nothing.

I heard apple was in a lawsuit for poor iphone 4 service/reception issues and as soon as I heard that I told the reps about it and asked what I could do to get upgraded to a 4G phone for all lines(3 smartphones on 3G, 1 basic) and they insist I wait until I'm due for my upgrade come May 20, 2013...so I have to continue paying $342/month for lousy service! That is like a slap to the face for paying my bill on time, being polite to the a-hole reps who have nothing to help.
  6. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Do you know anyone else with Verizon service in your area that is having similar problems?

The wi-fi issue is strange, especially for an iPhone 4. It sounds more something isn't configured correctly.
  7. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

I agree with the posters above regarding the issue with WiFi. That is usually separate from having a network problem with the cellular network.

There are different types of WiFi networks. For example, there is WPA, WPA2, WPA-Personal, etc. Is it possible the kind of WiFi network you, or the Comcast installer, setup isn't compatible with your phone? I would think being an iPhone it would be able to connect to almost all networks. Since you've gotten a replacement, that is making me think something isn't setup right. Have you tried connecting another cell phone to your wireless network?
  8. alexh3116

alexh3116 New Member

The thing is, my phone DOES connect to wifi when it feels like it. Friends that come over connect just fine, idk what else to do! I'm really frustrated.
  9. avenue

avenue Super Moderator

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?