1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm still not merged with verizon

Discussion in 'Alltel' started by bjd105, Feb 11, 2010.

1. bjd105

bjd105 New Member

Im in a small mid-state market with Alltel. I was told that the merger was complete. My local alltel store still carries the alltel logo and phones. Why havent I changed over yet here almost a year later?? Just wondering if anyone knows and PLEASE tell me im not going to AT&T!!!!!

› See More: I'm still not merged with verizon
  2. Bricksgal

Bricksgal New Member

Depending where you are, you could be going to ATN if not AT&T. I'm in north Central Ohio and ATN acquired our market. Those switch overs should be happening in the next couple of months.

3. bjd105

bjd105 New Member

Okay so I finally found the answer to my question. Sorry Bricksgal but thanks for trying. The Alltel seven county region in central and north central wisconsin that hasn't switched to verizon has not switched for this reason(but will switch in apx. April/May): This area was once a Verizon owned area. Verizon released these properties(im assuming in a sale to Alltel or a company Alltel bought out) and is not allowed to operate these areas under the Verizon name for a term of ten years. These areas have to go through another court process to allow verizon to operate them. .

4. r1chard316

r1chard316 New Member

bjd105,

That explains why I am being switched back to Alltel.

It sucks because I just got a Droid Incredible.

5. jdmm72

jdmm72 New Member

Consider yourself lucky. When verizon took my area, we lost the Sprint roaming agreement, which cut my coverage by more than half. Additionally, verizon (via PRLs) would not allow Alltel devices on their towers. So as the Alltel towers went offline, the coverage area continued to dwindle. And, by their suggestion, I switched to a verizon device on an Alltel plan (Alltel plans have better terms, and lower pricing), and the PRLs still crippled the device. So, Alltel ultimately had better coverage than verizon is providing, so quality of service went down with the merger. verizon let me out of my contract, then when I ported, refused to honor their word. Now, I have to sue to make things right, and sue is what I am doing.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?