1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Initialization Error -- Music Player

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by MasterDS, Jan 30, 2009.

1. MasterDS

MasterDS New Member

I came on these forums a short while back asking about the Voyager, but instead a went ahead and purchased the Dare because I preferred its Music Player. But I can't get it to work! Not on a card, not on the internal memory... and if it does work it either works for 10 seconds or crashes if you turn it sideways. I experience this error 70% of the time.

If anyone has heard anything, or has some helpful suggestions, please do post soon. Thank you!

EDIT:
    Well I just solved my own problem guys. I opened up one song that worked, and one that didn't with Mp3tag. I noticed the one that played was ONE KB smaller (8KB).

Its somewhat inconvenient for me too, as I have all my music tagged automatically when I download with Rhapsody. Is there any quick way that anyone knows of that I can use to downsize the album art of my songs? Thank you once again.

› See More: Initialization Error -- Music Player
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. Behin

Behin New Member

The problem is probably that you're using rhapsody to put the files on the device which converts them into wmv....which loses alot of quality and increases the file size....and rhapsody doesn't do it too well ... I think they have an error in general with ID3 tags and .wmv and .mp3 conversions.

In other words, just open the phone under mass storage and copy your files in using explorer...drag and drop from winamp or itunes.

3. Cody21

Cody21 Member

I would ditch Rhapsody ... You can simply copy MP3 files directly to the phone via the USB cable .. or better yet, remove the external card, plug it into your computer's Microcard reader (you have one, right?), and just drag&drop MP3s into the music folder.. Works much better, IMHO ....

1 person likes this.
  4. Mclovin21

Mclovin21 New Member

mine did the same thing

5. njrocker13

njrocker13 New Member

I had a similar issue with my LG Octane. The issue was that some of my MP3 files had the comments field populated in the ID3 tag. I used MP3Tag to remove the comments then the song list was able to 'initialize' properly.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?