1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

installing faceplate and antenna on LG VX 8100

Discussion in 'LG' started by leftygirl, Mar 8, 2006.

1. leftygirl

leftygirl New Member

I am new to this place and a recent owner of an LG VX8100. I recently purchased(not yet received) a faceplate and flashing antenna for my phone. I keep seeing all these warnings about how hard it is and how the phone won't work etc. etc. Now I think maybe I should have not wasted my money. Any thoughts? If people have replaced both or one what should I expect?

› See More: installing faceplate and antenna on LG VX 8100
  2. OBXVZW21

OBXVZW21 enjoys shooting nutria

unless the faceplate is a clip on over the old face plate it will void the warranty and those flashing antennas are kinda :gay: . the only thing i've heard about those antennas is that the reception suffers.

3. flyerr

flyerr New Member

I was looking at that phone today and it does look hard to install the faceplate you would need the right tools to install it. And like the other person said that it will void the warranty on the phone and the reception will be crap.

4. leftygirl

leftygirl New Member

Thanks for the thoughts. I will see what happens when I receive the stuff and get it on.

5. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

You just need a small screwdriver and a pin to pry up the screw covers.

6. leftygirl

leftygirl New Member

I did get the faceplate and antennae and it was easy to do. It looks great and I love it. :smart:

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?