1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Info iphone-U.S. student in Canada stuff

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BSherer, Jul 16, 2011.

1. BSherer

BSherer New Member

I have Verizon and my son is on my plan and he has an iphone. He will be going to the University of Toronto and I'm trying to figure out whether I should change our plan to a Nationwide Plus Canada plan with Verizon, or maybe getting him a separate plan with a canadian provider. He texts a lot and I expect most of this will be with other students in Toronto, but it will also be with his friends in the U.S. Is there any good plan which will minimize getting dinged every time he texts? A verizon rep told me today that they do NOT have any plan which would allow unlimited texting of this type, and that he would always be charged 50 cents to send and 5 cents to receive a text, since it would be roaming. Also what about accessing the internet and the data plan that would be best? Does Verizon have "participating providers" in Canada that might help reduce costs?

› See More: iphone-U.S. student in Canada stuff

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?