1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to unlock the VX9900 enV?

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by KNanthrup, Mar 6, 2007.

1. KNanthrup

KNanthrup New Member

Hey guys,
    I'm just wondering if it's possible to unlock the VX9900 enV and get it to work on a different network than Verizon (T-Mobile specifically). I have one coming to me that I got from a friend for next to nothing and I would love to use it... but if it's not possible then I suppose I will just have to resell.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kevin

› See More: Is it possible to unlock the VX9900 enV?
  2. ch4in54w

ch4in54w New Member

ya got me.. as far as tmobile they have the sidekick and stuff which is pretty close.. well actually no its not LOL..

Not sure, ask guys over on howardforums.com as well

3. paulcman

paulcman New Member

No, it is not possible. First of all, the enV is a CDMA phone, T-Mobile is a GSM network. Second, CDMA phones do not "unlock" the way that GSM phones do. Because of the inherent security built into CDMA networks, you can not take a phone from one network to use on another (ie: using a Verizon phone on Sprint's network). Sell the phone on eBay. If it's in decent shape and not on Verizon's stolen ESN list, you might get a couple hundred bucks for it!

1 person likes this.
  4. xxhoopitupxx

xxhoopitupxx New Member

im sure there is a way. i was going to do the same thing and give my env to a friend becuase i have the env touch now. there is some way becuase u can pretty much take any phone and put it on any service no matter the type. usually u can take it to a wireless giant or some store that offers both services i believe.
    i was trying something and looking though and i was told to press * on my old phone and it brings up information on what u can do to activate it. im not sure if it reactivates the number or if its new. but u can try it and see if it works for sure or not. but i no for sure you can unlock it

1 person likes this.
  5. Coldbox

Coldbox New Member

what about if its unlocked with AT&T ?

6. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

First of all, this thread is > 2 years old. Second, the question was already answered and explained in detail why it would not work. Please do not mislead people.

7. thebluedot

thebluedot New Member

The entire seres of Envs are not unlockable since they are CDMA phones.

CDMA phones can only potentially be flashed to some other CDMA networks... Long explanation short, the thread is over 2 years old like Avenger said.

Only GSM phones that use a sim card can be unlocked (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers, Fido, etc.)

CDMA phones can not be unlocked (e.g. Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, Alltel, etc.)

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?