1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Is my enV defective?

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by jbs4life, May 8, 2007.

1. jbs4life

jbs4life New Member

My enV charger cable seems loose. I plug it in but it doesn't seem like it is connected in good. Like i can wiggle my enV and it slides out and if i set it down and the charge cord gets tapped or I turn the enV with the cable in it it slides out.

Anyone else who has an enV does your charger cable stay in good or is it similar to mine?

It's not really a huge deal but it is kind of annoying.

› See More: Is my enV defective?
  2. jbs4life

jbs4life New Member

MobilePrincess, can you record video and the 320x240 setting? When I set it as that and press record I get a Video Encode Error.

3. ost1az

ost1az New Member

Your phone is not defective, THE MODEL IS DEFECTIVE. I've had the same problem on TWO phones so I know the problem isn't me. Verizon and LG are denying there is problem with the charging port. And members of this group will defend them and blame you. I've heard that there is a similair problem with the LG Chocolate too. I'm never buying an LG phone again.

4. paulcman

paulcman New Member

WOW! Somebody is really defensive! You just assume that everybody is against you, even though nobody even said anything to you! So, you've had 2 phones with bad charging port and immediately you label the enV as a defective model and LG as a bad company. HHHMMMMMM... sure, I see how that works. Oh, and you've "heard" that the Chocolate has a similar (spelling corrected) problem...

Honestly, of all the enV and Chocolate phones I have sold in the last 6 months, I have only seen 2 come back with bad ports and I was able to prove that both were due to user error misuse. It is true that LG had an issue about 2 years ago with the charging port on the VX6100, but that was well publicized by LG. This is what makes them the #1 manufacturer out there today. It is also why so many members of this group will "defend them".

1 person likes this.
  5. SymphonicD

SymphonicD New Member

enV phones are crap.

it is true. the charging ports become loose over time, and stop charging.

i bought an enV in nov. 06, the brand new phone lasted until about march/april of 08. i'm meticulous when it comes to taking care of my possessions. but i figured a year and a half for a phone is par for the course.
    so i went down to verizon store and they offered to replace it for 60$.
    i'm guessing it was a refurbished phone, because the phone sporadically shut off almost as soon as i took it out of the box, not the biggest deal. But just tonight, the charging port has become loose again, and once i loose my charge, i will have to go back down, fight, and threaten verizon.

as i am still in my original 2 year contract, if i don't get anything less than a brand new qwerty phone (doesnt have to be a new model), i will go absolute ape ****, and make reports to the better business bureau, switch my family's service, advocate everywhere to not buy verizon, and possibly speak with the county DA about a possible lawsuit against verizon.

im ****ing serious this time.

the fit is not a good fit, any person with an iq over 100 can figure out the charging port scam.
    people who work for verizon can use these phones, because when the port becomes loose, they get another phone for free. customers aren't so lucky, its a scam that keeps the phones from working for the duration of a 2 year contract. then doling out refurb phone after refurb phone after refurb phone.

we'll see how much verizon wants to retain customers after this incident.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  6. ost1az

ost1az New Member

I don't know if I would go as far as taking on Verizon (although I'll never trust their salespeople again), but as I've stated before I'll never buy and LG phone again.

7. Bellingham

Bellingham New Member

OST1az: I normally don't take the time to post in forums, but after reading your informative reply to JBS4Life about VZ enV's having a defective charging/data port and your comment that forum members will defend them and blame you. And then with a little bit of basic online research I had to acknowledge that with so very many enV owners complaining about that same problem, plus I know first hand with 2 enV's who's ports broke and have friends with enV's that have broken ports as well, that LG clearly produced a lemon that should have been recalled, and neither LG nor Verizon owned up to it but instead charged faulty enV owners who's warranty's either ran out before or ran out after having been repaired once before, doing just the opposite of what's considered good and honest business practice.

Then I almost laughed out loud when you were right, you were "attacked" by a forum member, first trying to put you down for being defensive (in an offensive way) and then the following sentence doing just as you said. Defending the mobile mafia, and saying something as silly as you "immediately" labeled the enV as defective after just 2 of them went bad on you and after you'd also heard there were problems with the choc's. Perhaps you were supposed to go through 3 or 4 more POS LG's before jumping to that conclusion. Though I'm sure you did enough web research to discover a pattern of angry enV users with broken ports just like I have. I recommend others to also do a little entry level research so they don't embarrass themselves. I see that the rude forum member "sold" enV's so I can understand why he's being defensive. Though aggressively attacking the customers of who he works for, that's a little strange. Then again, the profile pic is worth a thousand words. I think it wise to take your business else where and not buy any more LG's after that failure rate and even more, after trying to cover up their ongoing faulty port problems (after the same problem with the VX6100, they STILL can't or won't correct their poor design?) Wow.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?