1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Is there any reason to create a Backup File?

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by bamafan, Jan 27, 2009.

1. bamafan

bamafan New Member

I don't know if this is even an option but can and do you need to create a backup file before messing around with your settings? In order to put back to factory if you need to carry back to VZW for any reason. If so can someone please direct me to a HOW TO or a thread. I searched but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks!!

› See More: Is there any reason to create a Backup File?
  2. JakeGomez

JakeGomez New Member

There's always a reason to create backup. especially if you have important pictures and contacts.

You can always use the application that comes with your Phone to save and backup things..
  3. Cody21

Cody21 Member

You can (SHOULD) create an initial backup for your entire FILE TREE if you plan on playing or hacking things on the phone. Just use BitPim. Open the FILE SYSTEM view, select the root ("\"), then just File / Export the entire tree. I'm not an expert in BitPim -- others have suggested that all you need to backup & restore (if needed) is the \BREW directory.... . Now I personally have never tried hacking my phone, or attempted the restore procedure. So not sure if it actually works or not.

If you read the thread at the top of this forum - BitPim - I think it's all explained in there some place...

good luck.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?