1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

July 5th

Discussion in 'alt.cellular.verizon' started by Diamond Dave, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     



    › See More: July 5th
  2. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  3. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  4. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  5. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  6. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  7. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  8. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  9. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  10. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  11. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  12. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  13. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  14. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  15. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  16. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  17. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  18. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  19. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     
  20. "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    news:l_idnVjgHbofR3TdRVn-hg@lmi.net...
    > Daniel Dravot <chasham97NOSPAM@removethisyahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I didn't use my phone today-- but if I had, those lying sumbitches would
    > > have had a fight on their hands trying to get any money out of me for

    it.
    >
    > ...assuming you'd have gone over your monthly bucket by using peak
    > minutes that you wouldn't have used if today was billed offpeak. And if
    > not, then what? Wait, let me guess, you'll call and ask for a credit for
    > airtime you don't have to pay extra for?
    >
    > This thread is ridiculous. People are bitching about July 5th not being
    > free because July 4th was free for most of them anyhow because it fell on
    > a Sunday. Either that, or y'all are complaining about July 5th not being
    > free because a bunch of people have the day off.
    >
    > I'm looking at the list of people posting complaints
    > about this, and I'm genuinely surprised to see complaints from a lot of
    > people who normally post intelligent stuff - and my advice to all of you
    > is to GET OVER IT.



    You're thinking too small here. The issue is corporate consistency and being
    able to believe what VZW tells you.

    I (and other posters) heard that message, then they withdrew it and reversed
    what the message said. If a person- or company- is to have any credibility,
    you say what you're going to do-- then do it....not reverse your policy and
    pull the rug out from people, especially without notifying them.

    I don't really care which way they go- peak or off peak-- but I have to know
    the rules so I can act accordingly.

    It's a trust and reliability issue.

    Dan'l.
     

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.


Forgot your password?