1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Just got new Dare because the voyager is crippled with firmware 9!!!

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by al ca-phone, Sep 4, 2008.

1. al ca-phone

al ca-phone New Member

Well, I must thank both LG and Verizon for screwing up the 09 firmware on the voyager.

I was able to replicate the voyager crashing to to verizon techs in store and over the phone by browsing igoogle.

My argument was that since EVERY SINGLE voyager has this problem, with the 09 firmware (did it on store displays and other voyagers) that a new voyager would not fix the issue.

so, I told them to give me a new dare, and the agreed!

granted, I hate the LG dare, I would rather have a pysical QWERTY keyboard, but still, it has a 3.5 headphone jack, a 3.2 MP camera, and it looks cool, plus I will be able to go online with it!

thanks verizon wireless and LG, for not releasing a stable firmware!!! :smart::smart::cheers::cheers:

› See More: Just got new Dare because the voyager is crippled with firmware 9!!!
  2. aepple

aepple New Member

As you master the touch screen over time, the more you'll like the DARE. Just make sure you calibrate the screen both in vertical view and landscape.

3. Northstar_69

Northstar_69 New Member

Hoe the heck do you calibrate the touch scren in Lanscape mode? I can only calibrate it in portrait mode. Please help:confused:

4. thelania

thelania New Member

How do you calibrate in landscape mode? I'm having trouble with this as well.

5. aepple

aepple New Member

the same way is vertical, only turn the DARE to the landscape position and touch the screen to start calibrating. Hold it with two hands and use your thumbs when your prompt to touch the icon.

6. Axl

Axl Member

Instead of whining about it, why don't you let us all in on what your problem is. Maybe it was just your phone, and not the software.
    What did you have to do to make it crash?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?