1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Koodo LG VX8700 Bluetooth trouble

Discussion in 'LG' started by t-swaddle, Apr 29, 2009.

1. t-swaddle

t-swaddle New Member

Ok, so I've been scouring the internet for days trying to figure this out, and I've had no luck so far.
    I'm trying to send some .mp3s over to my phone via Bluetooth from my laptop, and I've got Bitpim and yada yada, and the thing is, I can't open up the COM port to connect to the phone, because it keeps saying that the phone doesn't support it.

So what i've narrowed it down to, is that my service provider (Koodo) has limited the Bluetooth services to just Object Push, Headset, Handsfree, etc. because Serial Port doesn't appear in the list.

Now for my main question...how do I get around this? How can I get into the phone's menu and make it able to open the port? I've tried the ##PROGRAM8700 thing, it doesn't work. I've tried everything with 0's and carrier names and whatever, they don't work.

If anyone can help me with this, I will name a satellite in your honor*.

*If pointing up and saying "Look, it's _____ up there" to my girlfriend counts as naming.

› See More: Koodo LG VX8700 Bluetooth trouble
  2. mannie082

mannie082 New Member

Is Koodo a European phone carrier??? The ##program8700 code is for Verizon only and will not work with any other carrier. The 000000's will not work either, i believe ur phone has a sublock code and only a sublock generator will get the code for you.:(

3. zelz

zelz New Member

Re: Koodo LG VX-8700 Bluetooth trouble

Koodo is a canadian carrier, owned by Telus. Im not sure if koodo locks their phones like that though..

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?