1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Least Expensive Verizon Plan as of Sep 14, 2011

Discussion in 'General Verizon Service' started by amkazen, Sep 14, 2011.

1. amkazen

amkazen New Member

I was with Alltell for years (excellent coverage) Verizon (after they bought Alltel, very poor coverage), went with T-Mobile because of poor reception at my house and recieved some guidance from some cell phone forum (this one?) that T-Mobile was the best carrier for my house since they had a tower pointing right into the canyon I live in, and for 3.5 weeks T-Mobile was phenomenol. Then, it was worse than Verizon, and I have been battling T-Mobile ever since. All they can tell me is "a tower is being worked on in your area" Since February? At least Verizon would send a tech out to my area and they determiend there was nothing they could do, so they released us from our 2 year contract. So, we are going back to Verizon because T-Mobile is absolutely unresponsive to our concerns.

So, at a local Verizon store I was told $99.95 for 2 lines, 700 minutes, unlimited text, plus $30 per phone if we got Smartphones, for a total of $160 plus taxes per month. That to me is just outrageously expensive.

Is there another Verizon plan out there for two phones where the total would be less than $100, including taxes?

Is there another carrier that has a plan less than $100?

I also thought I read somewhere a Smartphone..no, I was told by a Verizon rep on their 800 #, that a data plan was not needed for a Smartphone if I did not sign up for a 2 year contract, or something like that. I like the features of the smart phone..the touch screen, the ease of use, etc, but I do not need all the other bells & whistles that come with a smart phone. So, it would be nice if I got one but did not have to get the data plan.

My wife does not go on the Internet with her cell phone..period. She only texts and talks. I go on-line OCCASIONALLY to check my email, or look a phone # up..the free 411 #'s are a pain to use.

We also are interested in improving reception in our house and immediately outside our house. Does that mean we go with Wilson equipment and a Yagi antenna, or use a Network Extender, or something else that will tie in with our Internet service? the local Verizon store said the Network Extender was like $25 per month but again...that Verizon rep or I read somewhere the network Extender was free if we had poor service at our house and we only paid if we cancelled our contract / service and did not return the extender.

Can anyone give us some guidance on all these issues?

› See More: Least Expensive Verizon Plan as of Sep 14, 2011

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?