1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Ally and Data Plan help

Discussion in 'LG' started by Mythodix, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Mythodix

Mythodix New Member

Hey hope someone can help me with a real answer as I have seen so many different answers for this.
    So I want to get an LG Ally as it seems like a really cool phone etc but with my family's VW plan we don't have the 29$ data plan which Verizon seems to require, Yet my cousin who is on my family's plan just recently purchased a Blackberry Curve from Ebay and activated it on our plan. Now seeing how thats a smartphone I would like to know if I can purchase an Ally from Ebay or any other dealer other then Verizon and use the phone as a phone and not be forced to have the 29$ data plan. Also seeing how the Ally has WiFi and I'm surrounded by WiFi 24/7 I see no need to have the data plan. So basically can the Ally be activated on the plan and be used as a phone for texting etc?

› See More: LG Ally and Data Plan help
  2. PicknTension

PicknTension New Member

Go to AndroidsTalk website and search for "I wanna buy a new t mobile android phone but I dont want to pay the 30$ a month for the web?". The entry by joe.attaboy is the helpful (scroll to the bottom).

Not really practical opt out of data plan.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?