1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

LG Chocolate does have a speaker!

Discussion in 'LG Chocolate' started by xAbre1200, Oct 22, 2006.

1. xAbre1200

xAbre1200 New Member

Can anyone comfirm this? I found this posted somewhere on the internet...

The Chocolate phone does have a speaqker phone. You should be able to access your speaker phobe while on a call by pressing the camera button. If you can not do so please stop by your nearest Verizon Wireless and have the technichians put the software on your phone. It is available.

› See More: LG Chocolate does have a speaker!

2. spum

spum Random News Bot

Yeah, there is a software update that will allow the Chocolate to use its speakerphone. If you bought one when they first came out, just stop by a corporate Verizon store to get the software update. If you're planning on buying one soon, the update will already be on the phone.
  3. chicago1212

chicago1212 Banned

yes there was a update not too long ago:)
  4. paulcman

paulcman New Member

The speaker is not all that great. In fact, it is in my opinion, the only downfall of the phone. If you are in a quiet room by yourself, you might be able to hear it. If you are in a moderately noisy environment, forget about it!
  5. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Agreed, my friend has this phone and the speaker is pretty little. I have a 8100 and it has two big ones :)
  6. xAbre1200

xAbre1200 New Member

The speaker for it really isnt that loud though. If you were on the subway or bus, it would be impossible to hear it.
  7. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel New Member

Who would use a speakerphone on a subway or a bus? How's its volume for more reasonable use cases (like my car or a room in my house)?
  8. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Apparently noone read my post.

I tried it in my store while we weren't busy and I had a hard time hearing it.
  9. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel New Member

I read it. And another poster said "If you were on the subway or bus, it would be impossible to hear it.". Its called a forum... lots of people posting and replying to each other, not 100% at the original poster. Its allowed.
  10. xAbre1200

xAbre1200 New Member

Yes, the speakerphone is preaty bad. I can barley hear it in the car
  11. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel New Member

Thanks for the warning. My old LG VX6100 had a great speaker and worked amazingly well in the car; I wonder why LG can't get it right with a newer phone.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?