1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Chocolate vrs LG enV [anyone in for a long discussion]

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by m_jacobs728, Dec 3, 2006.

1. m_jacobs728

m_jacobs728 New Member

today I went into the verizon store and asked to mess around with the LG white Chocolate phone and the LG enV (which i believe also goes by the x9900...it is a newer version of the x9800 flip-open phone) and after an hour of comparing the two i came down to a list of likes and dislikes about both. I purchased the white Chocolate to use it for the first 15 days and debate whether or not to go back in and get the enV instead.
    After useing the Chocolate for awhile one thing i notice is that unlike the enV, the shell is so sleak and clean that (not unlike the way i feel about useing an iPod) i find myself being extra careful with the phone. i cannot imagine useing this phone for another 2 years; because it is an 'it' phone right now after all. The enV can take a few more blows, i think.
    Overall i think my issues are function over attractivness...i'm a woman; what can i say? i honestly do love being able to alter the colors on the Chocolate display and it is a beautiful looking phone. The enV is bigger and not as sleek, with only two different display themes.
    It is very easy to text on both the front and inside of the enV. Texting is a chore on the Chocolate. The press-buttons make for faster navigation on the enV, while the touch-buttons on the Chocolate are somewhat slower and take a calmer pace. I do text a lot.
    Opening the Chocolate is tricky if you don't want to press into the phone with your thumb because of the smooth design. Holding the enV when it is flipped open to text can be a little akward; if only because it is nessasary to use to hands.
    Back to my earlier opinion though, i almost wnoder if for all of the new-technology feel of the Chocolate i could simply substitute my iPod nano on the side for the music; while having the quick-function of the enV.

so i am about to start my 15-day trial w/the Chocolate; and then decide to exchange for the enV or to keep the candy. If anyone has either of these phones and would like to share what they like or dislike please do!

› See More: LG Chocolate vrs LG enV [anyone in for a long discussion]
  2. CoolNate32

CoolNate32 New Member

Can you open word documents on the enV? How is the mp3 player on the chocolate?

3. paulcman

paulcman New Member

You can not open attachments on the VX9900. Personally, I would compare the sound quality of the MP3 player on the Chocolate (using the headphones that come with the Verizon Music Essentials Kit) to my 30GB Video iPod.

4. CoolNate32

CoolNate32 New Member

I have a sixty gigabite iPod video, i'm contemplating just using my Razr for a while, no phone really floats my boat right now. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a chocolate that goes for cheap on ebay.

5. winnie luck

winnie luck New Member

Hello CoolNate32

I have been the owner of the EnV for about 3 weeks. Spent the first two weeks visiting the Verizon store to learn its ways - What a learning curve from the Nokia phones.

Basicly I like the phone, but it has a few draw backs
    * Not pocket friendly, no way to actually lock down all of keyboard
    * Don't waist your money on the data suite software $35.00
    * Creating your own ringtones, requires software (Bitpin is best-Its Free)
    Best of luck with your choice of phones!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?