1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Info LG Dare Comments

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by PhoneDB, Aug 10, 2008.

1. PhoneDB

PhoneDB Phone Database

Post your comments here

› See More: LG Dare Comments
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2008
  2. KyG

KyG New Member

LG Dare = Best it 0wnz

3. snaker

snaker New Member

I don't like the handwriting recognition thing, but maybe i just need to practice.

4. alicennn

alicennn New Member

how would you compare it to the samsung glyde? if you're familiar with it. I have that phone now and am not very happy with it.

5. Poon☆

Poon☆ New Member

i just got the dare. and im still getting use to it. hopefully i get how to use bitpim to get some free stuff:cool:

6. craZy18gurl

craZy18gurl New Member

I'm considering buying this phone. Seems pretty good.

But could I get someone's opinion on this. Would this be better than the Samsung Eternity? Or is the Eternity better?

7. ksshane

ksshane New Member

I havent really read any bad reviews on this phone.

I just got it yesterday, and before that I always carried various flip phones.
    So far I find this to be a great phone with alot of usable bells and whistles.

8. nemesis099

nemesis099 New Member

I'm in the same boat my last 3 phones have been flip phones and I had issues with the Krave so I returned it and bought the dare. So far I love the phone and the features it has. I think I may try hacking it tonight and see how it works.

9. dychewong

dychewong New Member

I think handwriting is good if the dare will hack to support other languages in the future

10. bindsay_boo

bindsay_boo New Member

Help me decide! i know this is the Dare thread so it will probably be biased, but i need a new phone, I had a krazer and the battery stopped holding a charge convienently a month after the warranty was up :flamemad: so i went back to my old LG but it doesnt have bluetooth and I am on the road a lot (and now ontario has a new handsfree law). I was looking at the Dare and I like it but im apprehensive about the touch screen. I was also looking at the KEYBO and the samsung slyde (m540). any comments or suggestions? thanks!!

11. Cody21

Cody21 Member

Why not just go to the VZN store and play with the DARE and other phones to see if you like it ... Personally, I love my DARE... Great HTML browser support. The touch screen is great. But YMMV ....

12. Flobot32

Flobot32 New Member

I hope I can help some of you now that I got a competent VZW rep to help me with this issue! Albeit annoying, the work around for the T9 issue (until the fix comes available...don't let them trick you into going into the store just yet - V05 is the current version as of this post) is that you have to input the word in WORD mode. You CANNOT switch back to ABC mode or the phone will NOT remember the word. The first time you enter it, it's a bit annoying but once you complete, the word is STORED! I just typed most of the ones I remember using in one text and BAM, they were there. Didn't even have to send the msg! Hope this helps

13. rmontgomery88

rmontgomery88 New Member

I love the Dare! I had the enV, but when I resigned for 2 years I got the Voyager.... I liked the voyager, but it was so big! And the touch screen wasnt that great on it... Although I did like the Visual voicemail app that it had, and the city state id, app, which is not on the dare :( . Before the month was over I decided to get the Dare instead. I have had it about... 3 months now.. and I love it! It is so easy to use, and fun to play around with... always some kind of new trick, bitpim is very easy to use with it! Darewallpapers. com is also a good website for this phone. The only things that i'm not liking on it are.... I cant figure out how to/if there is a way to put my itunes on it.... I dont really want to have to buy songs all over again on rhapsody.. ugh...! And finding the hard covers that fit it right! Sometimes they fit, and other times when i put them on it wont let me push any of the touch screen buttons.... it just kind of locks up. But other than that I love it! I went and got the V06 upgrade the other day... and havent really seen any significant differences... So i'd say save yourself the 45 min if you have the V05... the V06 software upgrade doesnt really do anything!

14. vipin2216

vipin2216 New Member

this is a hightech

15. hance.k

hance.k New Member

what does everyone think of it not being flip...does it have a good lock?

does it come in different colors?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  16. Cody21

Cody21 Member

I've never used a 'flip' phone. ... The locking mechanism is pretty good -- but if you don't put it in some sort of Case, you will definitely Unlock it on occasions... I've done this more than a few times over the last 7 months. No other colors... it is what it is. Pretty nice phone, IMHO.

17. usckid

usckid New Member

Just got the Dare. So far so good. Cool phone.

18. Jonny99

Jonny99 New Member

I own an LG Dare.
    I love this phone.
    I especially like the drawing pad!

I can get a new phone in 4 days though. But I probably won't.

19. Nalin

Nalin New Member

I love my Dare :)

20. darkside12321

darkside12321 New Member

lg dare is the BEST

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?