1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Dare Music Player wont shuffle, shuffle problem

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by Rich05220, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Rich05220

Rich05220 New Member

I have recently gotten the Lg Dare and bought an 8GB card with it. I immediately loaded 600 songs onto it and noticed that the music player will not shuffle through all the songs. It will only access the first 250 songs out of 600 to shuffle but will access all of them when it is not in shuffle mode so I know that the phone can read the songs. I want to be able to shuffle through all my music instead of only the first 250 songs and any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried calling LG and Verizon and have gone to the Verizon Store for help and neither has been of any use. Please help.

› See More: LG Dare Music Player wont shuffle, shuffle problem
  2. brianmaster

brianmaster New Member

You are probably going to have to wait for an update from Verizon for the Dare.

3. ejoc46

ejoc46 New Member

LG is blaming the user not having the songs labeled, which is false, and Verizon Wireless is getting multiple complaints on this product. I have 1384 songs on my Dare and can only play the first 256 even if I pick the last song. It only plays in song list the first 256 songs in any mode. The other issue is the covers for the cables and flash card are cheap. Best advise do not buy it.

4. schguy07

schguy07 New Member

This is all news to me! I have 315 songs on my 8gb SD card and I have not had a single issue shuffling or playing.

5. paperosie

paperosie New Member

I bought the dare...so far so good I alos bought a sd card for my music have it load now but can't get my phone to find the card. Can I play the music from the card like my old lg8300? or do I have to load the songs to my phone and how many can I load to the phone? Help please
    Paperosie

6. schguy07

schguy07 New Member

Here's the issue. The software won't support shuffling of more than 256 mp3 files on the player. BUT if you convert them to WMA format the phone will shuffle every single one of them. I did that with my phone and it works just fine.

7. Monev77

Monev77 New Member

It seems that is huge bug...

8. dbone22

dbone22 New Member

I just added some new songs to my phone and had the same issues, I couldn't figure out why it won't play some songs. Now I know.

Any fix for this in the future?

9. TurboDiverArt

TurboDiverArt New Member

What's the downside of converting them to WMA? Do you lose bit rate? Most of my songs are 128 MP3's. Does it lose quality during the conversion? How do I convert? Do I need a conversion program or can I convert while moving them to the phone using Media Player?

Art.

10. mjs020294

mjs020294 New Member

I converted my songs to WMA this evening and it still only shuffles the first 256.

11. schguy07

schguy07 New Member

Did you delete the mp3 files off the card? The music player needs to reload the songs on the card. You need to start the music player with the memory card out, then exit, put the card back in, then start up the music player. That's what I did.

12. mjs020294

mjs020294 New Member

Yes I re-formatted the card.

13. schguy07

schguy07 New Member

interesting. You made sure you loaded up the music player while the card was out of the phone and there are no more mp3 files in the my_music folder on the sd card?

14. mjs020294

mjs020294 New Member

Yep, have even tried to convert the songs to a different bit rate as well, and it still doesn't shuffle past 250.

15. schguy07

schguy07 New Member

I have never heard of this problem after converting. That's interesting. Have you tried a system reset for your phone?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?