1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Info LG Dare music player

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by y0itsj0hn, Jul 18, 2008.

1. JuturnaVII

JuturnaVII New Member

hey guys. im kinda new here soo, hey:]. to guys about the card reader, you dont need one i think. You can keep the SD in your phone and plug it into your comp through the usb and in Tool & Settings>Tools>USB mass storage device and it'll work the same way. And card readers aren't THAT expensive... 20 dollars seems a bit steep for something that small. Ohh, and i've been getting errors on my music player. every once in a while, when im playin music, the music stops, the player crashes, and i get an initialization error. i got like almost a thousand songs on my cardd and it works fine most of the time, but it really gets annoying having to remove my card out of my phone or restart my phone every few minutes.

› See More: LG Dare music player
  2. windstrings

windstrings New Member

I don't think that will work "at least in XP" unless you first load Rhapsody which installs the drivers.
    Or if your a little savvy, you can load just the drivers off the Rhapsody CD, but windows alone does not see the phone "and card" as a drive without more drivers installed.

3. eeek89

eeek89 New Member

I too am having this same problem. I have downloaded the driver(not rhapsody) from the disk my Dare came with. I have dragged and dropped into the "my music" file on my sd card as well as synced music via usb cable AND sd card from windows media player. I have gone to the "max USB storage" on my phone with the sd card inserted while syncing.... I have tried EVERYTHING suggested online everywhere. It shows that the memory is being used on my sd card and phone, but is not "seeing" the music, although i can transfer pictures from dragging and dropping onto my sd card no problem... I don't want to use rhapsody or vcast, or buy any music kit from verizon. I just want the music that i have on my computer to be on my phone! please help before my head explodes!:sad:

4. windstrings

windstrings New Member

Without knowing more, it sounds like you have them in a place the phone does not look.. make sure your directory structure is right.

Record a sound with your phone and save it to your sd card...
    Now put the sc card in your computer and see where that file is...... thats the same place all your other sounds should be.

Now find your music directory ... the one that the phone created "not you" and make sure all your music is in that directory.

5. eeek89

eeek89 New Member

What do you mean by "They cannot be in folders separated by artist, which is something I did wrong my first time." how can you seperate it from the artist folders once they're already grouped? do you mean just drag and drop each song separately?

The sound test i did was in the "my sounds folder" in the storage device f: (sd card)

There are also files there that are from my phone, which is what i think you mean by the structure the phone made? i could be wrong. but they are labeled the same as on my phone. "my music, my pix, my sounds, media, my flix, sys" This is where i dragged and dropped before, but now it is no longer letting me drop them into the file... oh boy.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  6. windstrings

windstrings New Member

I"m not talking about Rhapsody or any file structure of artist etc.. the phone reads all that stuff off the id tag embedded within the songs file structure... it has nothing to do with the file structure on your SD card.
    These directories must have the right name and location before the phone can see it...
    This topic has been covered in pretty good length in prior posts on this thread I believe.

The phone cannot find the song unless its physically in the right directory it expects to look for it in.
    Its literally invisible to the phone if you have it in the wrong place.

Don't look in your phone to try and figure out a file structure.. its not viewed in there.. you must view your sd card from your computer by placing it in a reader so your computer can view the file structure and you will see all your files... you should see your songs "somewhere".. but that "somewhere" must be where the phone wants to find them... its the same location for every Dare phone.

You cannot take an SD card from another phone and expect the Dare to see all the music files on it because "ANOTHER" phone has yet another directory name it prefers and vice versa.

If you have absolutely no knowledge of what I'm talking about, that means you have no idea what file manager or explorer is in windows and so you will need to do everything with Rhapsody. ... a program I've never used and cannot help you with.

If you could drag them before and now you can't.. your card may be full.
    While in explorer rightclick on the main drive letter of your sd card and go to properties.

From there you should see how much total capacity you have and how much is used up and how much is left.

Songs can eat up a 1 or even 2 gig card pretty quick since each song can be 10 meg or so. 100 10 meg songs would overfill a 1 gig card.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  7. eeek89

eeek89 New Member

wow. i'm sorry to have offended you with my supposed lack of knowledge of computers. I am not completely incompetent with basic information like transferring information. I'm not having a problem seeing where my music is on the sd card. It's showing me that its all there in the "my music" file that the phone made on my computer. It's just not transferring to my phone. my card is not full, i have 900MB left. i was just making sure i understood correctly what you meant. The card was not from another phone either. Thanks for the information, but none of that helps me with my situation. thanks for trying. I'll just have figure it out.

8. eeek89

eeek89 New Member

Any one reading this with the same question, i figured it out! My phone wasn't accepting the format of the music files which was wma(from windows media player), so i needed to convert them to mp3 or aac, which i did not know. Woohoo! My music is now on my phone and plays beautifully.

9. bdshan

bdshan New Member

I am looking for a bit of assistance. Creating a playlist on the phone itself is a pain in the arse. Is there a way to do it outside the phone and then transfer it? I create a 3 song playlist on the phone, but Windows Media Player did not recognize it after connecting the phone. And the playlist features of bitpim are disabled.

10. windstrings

windstrings New Member

I don't know, but if you read the post #89 "the one before yours" it states that windows media player formats do not work... I don't know if wmp is the problem but it sounds like they were never made to play together.

11. bdshan

bdshan New Member

I have used WMP to synch with the phone using MP3 files. That works fine. But now I want to create separate playlists. It appears that this cannot be done in WMP or Bitpim. I was just wondering if anyone had another solution other than using Rhapsody.

12. windstrings

windstrings New Member

Again I don't know as I'm just trying to help you grasp at straws, but I would think the file structure for Playlists would have to be done or created in the phone itself as that is not written to the individual ID tags of each song....

So I'm guessing there is not a way "outside" the phone.

13. wallingford

wallingford New Member

I posted this in a thread below, figured I might as well pose the problem in this thread as well...

So I've been using Rhapsody (I uploaded my library to Rhapsody from ITunes) to load my music and it works ok, but has an issue.

The song, artist and title make it ok, but the album and genre information seem to get lost somewhere along the way. But, on my iPod, I often just listen to a genre, so not having the genre information has been a considerable irritance. I suspect the root of this may lie in different file formats of the songs. Is there a quick/easy fix to get the Dare music player to recognize the information in these songs?

14. cmohrlock

cmohrlock New Member

Question:

I have Rhapsody and an LG Dare. I successfully transferred music from Rhapsody to my Dare's micro sd via usb. All the songs show up on my Dare, but when I play them there is no sound. No sound plays on the speakers or even through headphones. The media player shows they are playing though, for example it shows that it has played xx seconds out of xx minutes of the song.
    I don't understand whats going on because the speakers work fine for everything else.

I hope you can help, thanks!

15. hahahpapya

hahahpapya New Member

shahahaha shoon shoon

16. danger2u

danger2u New Member

i think this is a little late but all u got 2 do is just get playlists

17. 123discount

123discount New Member

hi this one is just intresting you can also get various other facilities in this phone

18. daretodream

daretodream New Member

Just a follow-up to your question because I had the same problem. The first time you put the card in the phone it will automatically create these folders for you. Then you can take the card out and drag your music into the my_music folder.

Daretodream :cool:

19. Barbie_kool

Barbie_kool New Member

lang [= fr] Bonjour, en achetant le LG Dare, la vendeuse m'as dit que je pouvais mettre de la musique Dedans. Ensuite, j'ai acheté une carte SD et je l'ai mise dedans(en prenant soin de mettre de la musique dans la carte). Mais rendu dans le téléphone, il ne lisait pas la musique. Aucuns moyen d'y accèder. La Seule Façon Que je Peux écouter de la musique en c'est de l'acheter et ça coute cher à la longue. J'aimerais savoir si Quelqu'un à une réussi en mettre et de quelle façon. [Merci d'avance:) / lang / fr]

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?