1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

lg dare telus bitpim

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by zzub, Dec 24, 2008.

1. zzub

zzub New Member

i just got my lg dare from telus in canada and i have dowloaded bitpim but it will not find my phone .when i try and tell bitpim that my phone is a telus lg dare it wount accept it
    will this program not work with my telus phone?

› See More: lg dare telus bitpim
  2. martytess

martytess New Member

LG DARE Telus BitPim VISTA

I just got this phone and need to load my contacts from Outlook. I have been trying this for hours, surfing and no luck, I am using 1.0.6 BitPim, I have tried selecting about 5 different phones including the 9100 and 9700.
    When I plug in the phone, VISTA automatically loads the 3 drivers and seems to be happy, I see them in hardware manager. I can surf the phones file system in BitPim.

In edit/settings/settings when I click test I get an error when testing the phone connection:
    Failed: <class ‘socket.error’>10049, “Can’t assign request address”)

When trying to send data to the phone I get: “An unexpected error has occurred” and a log file.

Any help is much appreciated, has anyone got LG DARE Telus BitPim VISTA working?

Marty:(
  3. mikewregan

mikewregan New Member

Re: LG DARE Telus BitPim VISTA

I have a Telus Dare running on XP. I did notice that it didn't seem to want to work with COM 3 or 4, only 1 & 2. I also found that i had to manually tell it that I was using a Dare. It kept defaulting to "Other phone on COM 1"
  4. Stigmata77

Stigmata77 New Member

My experience has been virtually identical to yours, Martytess. Bitpim 1.06, Telus vx9700 Dare, etc. Have to admit that I'm a Bitpim newbie though.

Had a heck of a time figuring out to tell the phone NOT to connect to the computer when the USB cable is plugged in to make sure that the LGE CDMA port I'm on (in my case COM 6) would be shown as an available option in Bitpim. Went through lots of hair pulling figuring that out while seeing all my beautiful CDMA ports listed as 'inoperable' in earlier attempts.

Still, now that I'm in, my directory tree backup also results in an empty ZIP archive, and I've had no luck at all finding the directories that Verizon users seem to be using to add their ringtones, wallpapers, etc. They all reference a brew sub-folder called alternately '10888' or '10889', and my Telus Dare doesn't even show these. All I have is a sub-folder called 19240...

Is there anyone out there in Canada-land who could help us out with this? Alls I wants todo is permission some images I've uploaded to the phone to be accessible as wallpaper...
  5. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

There's a setting on verizon lg phones called connection type, I believe - make sure it's set to com and not usb
  6. Stigmata77

Stigmata77 New Member

Thks John. I actually simply tried dragging a file via my Vista OS into the 'wallpaper' sub-directory (brew/mod/wallpaper) and that seems to have done the trick for that. I'll try your tip next time I'm thinking about Bitpimming and will see if it facilitates a better back-up, etc.
  7. nobody12345

nobody12345 New Member

thanks,. this is helpful

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?