1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Dare Telus

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by bleaver, Dec 29, 2008.

1. bleaver

bleaver New Member

My Phone is registered with telus and i tryed to use bitpim and it doesnt detect my phone i have tryed texting myself but with telus you cant save it as a ringtone what should i do :(

› See More: LG Dare Telus
  2. niggles3000

niggles3000 New Member

yes, it's a problem that I've yet to solve. I'm hoping that at some point someone is going to crack this thing because I can't get a driver to work.

3. niggles3000

niggles3000 New Member

I've received some great help from some of our fellow forum members. Have a look here at the thread "LG VX-9700 Dare From Telus" I'd link you directly but as a new member I'm not allowed to link.

4. SalmanM94

SalmanM94 New Member

I have a dare from telus and i tried using bitpim. first i had a problem that i could detect it but i managed to solve it. after when i tried to transfer stuff, it says that service providers has blocked this action. So I guess telus is doing there best blocking these hacks. No hope for telus users to use Bitpim.

5. niggles3000

niggles3000 New Member

No, there is a fix, and yes, TELUS has done it's best to lock the phone down. I spent days working on it, but bitpim will work. Follow the directions listed in this thread http://cellphoneforums.net/lg-dare/t279559-lg-dare-bitpim.html
    make sure you down load the beta of Bitpim and not the current, and what I found were the 2 kickers were
    1. do not auto detect the phone, set it to find the 9100, not the dare 9700
    2. cycle through the port types. I think it should be port 2, but I can't recall
    3. do not set the phone to go through USB on the phone itself, it'll load the phones drives which will over ride bitpim's communication.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sahandra

Sahandra New Member

Could I get you to clarify: "3. do not set the phone to go through USB on the phone itself, it'll load the phones drives which will over ride bitpim's communication."

Thanks so much!

I am also having trouble d/ling the driver as posted by 'Hella' on the other thread. I'm getting a black ms-dos box for a split second then it is gone.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  7. niggles3000

niggles3000 New Member

what aspect do you need clarified, I'm not sure. As for the black window for a sec that's a wee bit concerning, I didn't notice that, I hope it's not virused.

8. Sahandra

Sahandra New Member

Okay, so I plug in the phone and I get the option to connect to the computer through the usb cord. if I say yes, it goes to the USB device. If I say no, it goes to the charge screen.

Do you have a link to the driver? If you do, could you PM me?

Thanks for the assistance!

9. Phone_Whisper

Phone_Whisper New Member

Telus dare has a chip installed per your techs.. i know that the newiest copy of bitpim works for the dare.. I installed the telus firmware ... no matter what you do you wont be changing carries with it unless you dont mind losing pic messaging and web because your software rests it self on reboot.

menu ops i'v found so far

##telus
    ##data
    ##test
    #help*help
    ##lgservicemenu

you have to find the master lock code..

hint:
    lgnpst lab with vx9700 dll

10. fund4m3ntalz

fund4m3ntalz New Member

so there's no way to do it without losing picture messaging and web?

11. Phone_Whisper

Phone_Whisper New Member

I can only tell you has to what i have working..

Things that work so far:
    calls
    txt
    web

things not working
    pic messaging <-- this does not mean that it cannot work i just use cricket and since I'm one of the 1st to flash over I had to trouble shout everything and there is so many different settings out there for cricket which some work and some dont but the biggest problem that I'm having is that when it sends the pic message i get an error 829 destination address undeliverable and i have not been able to resolve this issue.. it may be the way telus sends and gets pic messages just not sure.. so if you flash you may get everything working it will just take some people that are able to adjust the settings to get the ones that work..

there is 4 carrie types to choice from
    Telus
    Telus lab
    From NV
    Verizon

So the software has the op to setup for vzw and i am going to use this op to see if it changes the pic issue.. the software is tricky and it will rest the settings on you if you don't do it in the right order/right place..

Also you should know that if you want to go back to vzw you can but you have to do a MEID/MSN repair becuase you have to do an emergency boot /flash..

PS java is locked on telus so the apps you download will not be able to access:
    Files
    Net
    GPS

So that lives you with just a few games you can play.. you also have to do a soft rest after downloading apps in order for them to run right..

1 person likes this.
  12. mickey4134

mickey4134 New Member

my cricket dare lost internet also because i had reset my settings pleas let us no how to get it to work again :(:smart:

13. Phone_Whisper

Phone_Whisper New Member

i use lgnpst lab but you can use any program that will allow you to set the nv items.. i asume your using vzw firmware if not let me know and i post settings for telus... proxy: wap.mycricket.com .... port: 8080 / 8080 tls/http port: 0443/0443... user name: areacode&phonenumber .... password: cricket... homepage: wap.cricket.motricity.com ....... if your using telus then you'll also have to edit some things in the phone... if this does not fix your issue then i will need the firmware your using and screen shoots of your settings..
    Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  14. rybshik

rybshik New Member

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

15. rybshik

rybshik New Member

Can someone share lgnpst lab 1.2 please?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?