1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Env Touch Freezing

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by ajbanana, Jul 8, 2009.

1. ajbanana

ajbanana New Member

I've had my LG Envy Touch for 2 weeks and have already had to do a software update and today ended up having to get a new one. Phone started freezing and powering down so took it in last week to Verizon and they did software update; however, today I ended up taking it back again because of the same problem. Verizon gave me a new phone...

I also had an LG Chocolate that my son now has. I had the same problem with the Chocolate and have actually had 4 different Chocolates from Verizon. The 5th time I suggested a new battery (which was perfectly fine based on that little damn sticker) and Verizon agreed to it. After the 4th phone what else is there to try; other than throwing it up against the wall!!

So my question that Verizon can't seem to answer is... Do LG phones in general have a problem with freezing and powering down? Kind of crazy that both LGs have the same problem over and over again... Oh and my Brother in Law has the LG Dare and yep, it freezes up too.

I love the LG Envy Touch just wish it would quit acting up!!!

› See More: LG Env Touch Freezing
    2 people like this.
  2. cellphonesgb

cellphonesgb New Member

Re: LG Issues

New series of phone, new series of issues. Sorry to say that, but it's the truth.

Think back to when the original IPhone was released, it was littered with problems! Took a few months and many software updates to make it a great phone.

Sony PS3, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Chevrolet, Ford. Everytime there is a brand new series of something comes out, there are always bugs with the 1st gen.

I'm sure that's the issue here too. It's a new phone that's bound to have issues.
    I'm sure LG and Verizon are working to get it resolved. But, if it's a major problem where it is making everything unusable, either LG or Verizon should be able to provide a loaner or something until they get the issues resolved.

I know this isn't a direct "answer" to your problem, but hopefully it can put you at ease to know that it's probably not just bad luck, just bad timing.

3 people like this.
  3. ajbanana

ajbanana New Member

I took into consideration that the LG Envy Touch is a new phone; however, I had an LG Chocolate previous to the Evny. The chocolate did the same thing. I went through 5 Chocolate phones in less than a year because of the same problems. Finally got Verizon to give me new battery on Chocolate... My son has the chocolate now and so far so good.

Seems to me that LG's have some bugs that need to be worked out, regardless of the phone or company it is from.

1 person likes this.
  4. crasengineer

crasengineer New Member

I know I have the same problem with my chocolate, dare and samsung omnia, i used to work for a company that was contracted by AT&T to do troubleshooting and warranty exchanges. I have seen this issue alot!!! especialy with newer phones it seems that the resources, CPU, and mem, arent ever enuf for the features they give us, the best way to handle this issue is to::::::
    1 while the phone is frozen do not turn off the power.
    2 remove the battery while powered on
    3 wait 10 seconds or 5 is sufficiant
    4 replace the battery and reboot
    5 this will only fix the issue until the next time the processors input/output stream collides again however maybe someday they will supe up these phones for the purpose of using them to their full potential
    ADVICE if you have AT&T Wireless do what ever it takes to avoid making a warranty exchange, all you will get is the bare bones set, (no battery or bat cover, or face plate ie whatever, just the main part of the phone reguardless of the color, and the "new" phone will not be new, it will be a refurbished, previously issued phone from the manufacturers refurbishing plant in Mexico. I hope this was helpful !!!! ~craskidengineer

1 person likes this.
  5. ajbanana

ajbanana New Member

Thanks! I don't have AT&T, I have Verizon. But they work the same way when it comes to getting a phone fixed; I think all the cell companies do. So far phone has been fine. Started noticing that it freezes mostly when I unplug from the charger. Guess it takes the phone a few minutes to wake up!! Thanks again for you reply!

6. gabe 360

gabe 360 New Member

My phone does that too ( i have the enV Touch) like ill be doing something and itll show the powering down screen and i'll go "oh the battery just probably died" and then itll come back and be totally fine...and sometimes itll freeze and stuff... wait so did u have insurance? and if so did u have to pay for the new phone? is it AT ALL better? I like the enV Touch and dnt wanna give it up if it worked totally fine!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Email me: gabeluvssoccer()yahoo.com replace the () with the @ sign

7. robw.

robw. New Member

My LG Envy has frozen and all it says on the screen is "Verizon Wireless" It's been doing this for 2 days now. I've taken the battery out, waited, put in back in and still the screen comes back "Verizon Wireless" Power button has no effect. Verizon is willing to give me a new phone but says I will lose all my contacts because they cannot re-boot. Any ideas?

8. ecocell

ecocell New Member

my freezes up too...i have the LG Env Touch...i got a replacement phone but it still freezes & powers down. The rep told me it needed an update, i think this is a common theme with verizon. I don't think it's LG's though. I had a regular flip phone LG last year & the years before last...and i NEVER had any problems, i loved that phone but of course they aren't selling it anymore. I understand your frustration and i have had several upgrades....its kind of funny---when i ask a rep if other people have had this problem, they tell me "No".

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?