1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG enV touch got wet

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by vtech89, Jul 20, 2011.

1. vtech89

vtech89 New Member

My phone was briefly submerged in water. After getting it out I quickly removed the battery & memory card & dried everything off as best I could.I then used a vacuum cleaner to further suck water away. I then put the phone & battery (in separate containers) in rice for 24 hrs.

Now the phone almost works as it should but for 1 problem. With a freshly fully charged battery the phone battery indicator begins flashing, indicating the battery is discharged & the phone will be beep showing the msg., "battery low". I then connect the phone charger & immediately the phone shows the battery is fully charged. Since I have a brand new back up battery that wasn't in the water, but still has the same issue, it doesn't appear to be a battery problem.

Right now the phone battery indicator is blinking showing no charge bars (just an empty rectangle), but the phone doesn't shut off & the "battery low" msg. is not appearing.

Anybody have any suggestions for solving this problem?

Thxs

› See More: LG enV touch got wet
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

try cleaning the contacts between the battery and the phone with some pure alcohol. If that doesn't solve the problem there is more than likely some dried up liquid junk shorting something internally. In this case the phone has to be disassembled and carefully cleaned.

3. vtech89

vtech89 New Member

Thxs for the suggestions/insight. Hopefully the alcohol works. Will follow up.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?