1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG enV Touch Screen not working. Phone won't sleep - Help Please?

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by govtdog, Jun 23, 2011.

1. govtdog

govtdog New Member

I have had this phone for almost 2 years and it has worked perfectly in that time.

The other day, the phone started clicking repeatedly as though someone was touching the touch screen... even though nothing was touching the front screen. I tried pushing pushing some keys and then turned the phone off and then back on.

Now, the front touch screen does not work with regard to its' touch capability. If I open the phone it works fine as does the front three bottom hard keys. BUT, the bad part is that the phone's screens will not sleep and my battery only lasts three hours before needing to recharge again. If I push the sleep button on the left side of the phone, the screen turns off, but then comes back on again in a couple of seconds.

It is as though the phone thinks something is touching the front screen and it refuses to stay asleep.

I have looked for some way to disable the front touch screen entirely but can't find anyway to do so. I need to keep using this phone for another month before I can get a new phone for free.

Is there a way to totally disable the touch part of the front screen?

Thanks for the help and advice!

› See More: LG enV Touch Screen not working. Phone won't sleep - Help Please?
    1 person likes this.
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Re: Touch Screen not working. Phone won't sleep - Help Please?

Unfortunately there isn't an option to turn off the touch screen, no. There is an option to adjust the sensitivity of the screen though. Maybe turning down that sensitivity will help?

3. govtdog

govtdog New Member

Re: Touch Screen not working. Phone won't sleep - Help Please?

How do you do that?

I have tried to re-calibrate the touch screen but it does not register my touch to the screen at all... that is, it appears the touch screen is not working but internally, it thinks it is being touched continuously?
    Does that make sense?

Otherwise, why if the touch screen is not working does the phone refuse to go to sleep for more than a second at a time?

4. camstuf

camstuf /\/\s.Super/\/\odette

Sounds like a stuck button; Have you tried a battery pull; Search YouTube tutorials.

5. govtdog

govtdog New Member

No stuck button. Removed battery at least half dozen times. No luck.

Think I might try a hard reset to original manufacturer conditions?

6. camstuf

camstuf /\/\s.Super/\/\odette

I wouldn't reset, sounds like you'll need a digitizer $16 on amazon see >>> [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_29eDXrenQ]YouTube - ‪LG VX11000 enV LCD Screen Replacement‬‏[/ame]

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

lcd digitizer assy (screen & digitizer all in one)

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Aslo see here >>> New Verizon LG ENV VX11000 DIGITIZER LCD touch screen | eBay

7. missyfit

missyfit New Member

govtdog, I have the same phone & problems for a few months now. I've also done the same as you to get it working & have reset the proximity sensor multiple times. Have you done that? After doing so it did work for a few more months, until yesterday when the baby got a hold of it. You need to dial ##PROGRAM11000, then enter the code of 000000, go to field tests & run proximity sensor by selecting yes. Wait a moment & you should see a screen saying test is a sucess & then you will hear a chime to confirm it worked. Like I said, I've done this again now & my touchscreen still will not work, but worth a shot for you if you haven't already done so. Be careful to not mess around with any other setting in the program mode as you could brick your phone.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?