1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG enV Touch

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by PhoneDB, May 29, 2009.

1. PhoneDB

PhoneDB Phone Database

Post your comments here

› See More: LG enV Touch
  2. Danny5

Danny5 New Member

I was a Voyager user...

I used the LG Voyager since it was released. I had NO problems with my original (all black) Voyager. I liked texting on it (about 2k a month). I liked surfing on it. It was slow, but adequate for facebook and youtube at work. I even liked talking on it. As a phone it was plenty loud.

But then my daughter washed her phone in her pocket (goodbye choclate) and one of us had to upgrade.

Enter the ENV Touch. I have only had it 3 days, but I am beginning to get used to it. As a previous Voyager user, and now an ENV Touch user, I almost never use the touch screen. I flip it open for just about everything. Here are some brief things I have noticed in my use:

• The Space Bar is in the middle on the Qwerty. If you have an ENV2 or a Voyager, this takes some getting use too.
    • The shift and symbol keys are now lower, meaning I accidentally capitalize letters instead of sending punctuation.
    • The battery life is slightly better than my 18mo old Voyager
    • There is no antenna to play with. I miss this.
    • It feels smaller in my hand, but a side by side comparison says it really isn't
    • There is no way to configure the external time display
    • Calls are still loud and clear.
    • The themes suck. Postage stamps are not cool.
    • Apps haven't fully released yet, meaning my favorite games are not available.
    • Texting is white background with black text, took some getting use too.
    • Text now has a quick reply feature. Very handy.
    • I have over 100 pictures, the new photo viewer is a nice touch. Its a flip book that previews 9 pictures at once and shows you the selected picture on the side.
    • The camera is very adequate now that it has a built in flash.
    • Signal strength is *almost* as good as the original Voyager. I have slightly more difficulty texting from work.
    • My screen glitches when I open it about 5% of the time and it is blank. Wondering if this will become an issue...

That is it for now. I haven't even owned it 100 hours yet, so as I get more use, I will post again.

-Danny

1 person likes this.
  3. decoyboogie

decoyboogie New Member

You can definetly configure the time on the external screen. If you look at the shortcut tab menu using the external touch screen, there is a "Clock Wid..." button. clicking that will bring you to a menu with different clock formats. You can even click the clock with your finger on the front screen and that takes you to the different clock settings. Lastly, you can also click and drag the clock to any place on the front screen. I prefer the large view. So yes...you can adjust the clock format on both the internal and external screens...

4. primetime

primetime New Member

Anyone had any luck playing videos transfered from a pc? For the life of me, I cant figure out how to find the video using the phone to play it...finding the recorded videos is no problem, but being able to watch already owned dvd videos would be nice:(
    edit:nm got it sorted out.
    1. need latest bit pin, select voyager, browse file system for "my flix" add file

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  5. commoncents

commoncents New Member

I used Versa in Bitpim and also didn't have any issues

6. chucklehead

chucklehead New Member

I just picked up my new enV Touch this evening. We went to the store to return my wife's Voyager for the second time because the keyboard backlighting stopped working. Not a big deal to me but it bothered her. I'm a lot rougher on mine and never had this problem.
    Anyways, we went intending to just get a warranty replacement but since the Voyager is already being phased out they planned on giving her either the EnV Touch or enV3. She chose the Touch. In talking to the sales rep we decided mine needed...ahem...replaced too...at no cost. Hehehe...lucky me.

We've been playing with them all night and I have to say I am very pleased with our decision!

Regarding the external clock...if you touch the clock on the screen it opens setting to change the clock format without going anywhere else. And...in case you didn't know, you can move the clock around on the screen by touching and moving moving it.
    Another thing I found to be an improvement is the location of the lock button on the side. On the Voyager I always seemed to hit the camera button or volume button when trying to use the lock switch. Now it's the bottom button and it's an actual button as opposed to the slide switch.
    One more cool thing is the ability to zoom a picture/wallpaper in and out to make it fit the screen better. I used to crop and resize pictures all the time then transfer them but now it's much easier.

1 person likes this.
  7. blade00

blade00 New Member

Thanks for the info.

8. xemaline

xemaline New Member

It's good to hear something good about the battery life on the touch.
    all the reviews I have seen said it needed to be charged daily, and I generally don't have time for that, or I forget to plug it in.

9. chucklehead

chucklehead New Member

We've had ours for quite a while now and regarding the battery life...I can't complain. My wife's seems to drain much faster than mine but once i realized she had the sound on/up on her keypad/touchscreen and the vibration turned up higher than mine I figured that was the reason. We both text like crazy but I have the keypad volume off and the vibration turned to the lowest setting. She's on facebook quite a bit too so being online drains it. My battery generally lasts me about 2-3 days without needing charged and that's with texting...A LOT.

All in all, depending on what you're doing with your phone determines your battery life. For texting and normal phone use the battery lasts just fine, just not as good as the Voyager's seemed to. The more you do on it the more you'll drain the battery...obviously.

10. ginger81

ginger81 New Member

My friend just got the ENV Touch just a few days ago and they are having nothing but problems. I am doing some research about it for them and I had considered purchasing the same phone prior to his issues.

THis is what he has to say about the phone, " just got the envy touch and at first was extatic cause it was evrything i ever wanted in a phone but now i use it for like a minute then it powers down by itself the restatrs by itself it constatnly doing this and im flipping out cause i got it on Friday and today is wed. so i havent even had it for a week and its already mouthfunticioning.. my phone shows up as no text messages recieved? plus battery life sucks on this phone!"

This makes me not want to buy this LG Canada phone.

11. Danny5

Danny5 New Member

Just went to Cabo and the phone roamed fine internationally. When I got back, the voice mail mysteriously disappeared and then the weirdness started happening!

Backlight would power off no matter what you did. Phone rebooting randomly. Certain keys not working.

Most of it I solved by rebooting the phone, but I was plagued by reboots, and Verizon had to reset my VM. At first techs said it was wrong software version, but even after they upgraded I was still getting random reboots.

Last night level 3 tech said they had to rebuild my profile. Yay - VM gone again! But no reboots so far (knocks on wood)

Hope it helps your friend out. Verizon rep says they've had to do that with a few of the Touch's lately or they mysteriously reboot/lockup.

-Danny

12. runner11

runner11 New Member

My sister just got this phone. I'm super jealous! Very cute and not too large.

1 person likes this.
  13. olcbyh

olcbyh New Member

How to put your own free custom ringtone on your LG enV Touch

Here is how I put a FREE custom ringtone on my LG enV Touch (VX11000):

- My PC is a Wintel Vista machine.

- I downloaded and installed the FREE sound editing program Audacity 1.3

- I found a free version of an MP3 of a song I wanted (Creedence Clearwater Revival's Suzie-Q), and I downloaded that.

- I opened the mp3 in Audacity and selected a 14 second part I wanted as a main ringtone.

- I Equalized and Compressed the selection using Audacity tools (not absolutely vital)

- I Exported Selection to a new mp3

- I connected the phone to my PC using the USB chord.

- On the phone go to Settings & Tools --> Tools --> USB Mass Storage (scroll way down, this menu option is off the screen) and turn the USB "On"

- Now transfer your custom mp3 sound into the "My Sounds" folder on the external SD memory card in the phone's slot.

- unplug USB

- on phone go to Media Center --> Music & Tones --> My Sounds

- click on your downloaded mp3 and "Set As" "Ringtone"

- you are done, baby.

This was all true on 10 September 2009.

14. stantastic

stantastic New Member

Hey Danny5, you sure your phone didn't get the swine flu? j/k Sorry to hear about your phone, looks like the tech should of given you a replacement or a new one. My phone is also acting wierd. When I talk on my bluetooth, my phone unlocks and when the call ends, the phone will just keep pressing buttons and my phone is in its case.

15. dallas08

dallas08 New Member

does anyone know how to turn the "text to speech" thing off when you are reading a text?

the thing is that when i'm listening to music and i start reading a text, the music pauses. and it is really annoying because i text and listen to music a lot!

can anyone help??

16. ebarber22

ebarber22 New Member

i have had the env touch for about 3 weeks and it glitches like you tuoch one side and it opens random apps

ya i trhinmfh so ghj

it sucks

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  17. Nalin

Nalin New Member

My boyfriend recently got this phone. He has had no issues with the touch screen whatsoever--and this is the first phone I've seen since getting my Dare that has made me want to switch ;)

18. dallas08

dallas08 New Member

i have had my phone for about two months now.. and it's starting to mess up. in the beginning it was great.. and now its starting to randomly turn off... and then i have to click or "touch" something twice before it senses it..

its starting to suck

19. Sian

Sian New Member

Omg so has my sister

20. Pard

Pard New Member

Had this phone for maybe two months, before that I was without a phone for about four months, my previous phone began sweating, from the battery, and the sticker around the battery slipped off. The battery would no longer fit because it was to loose, I tried to fix it... nuff said

Now I got an Env Touch and am rather happy with it. I wish there was a lock button for the touch screen because I am always moving my icons around by accident, and I like them neatly organized in a row. Sometimes you click an icon and nothing happens, this is not a touch screen problem but a problem with the software. Also this phone is running far to little RAM/CPU for what it is. I have found that on the touch screen side the phone will only load ten photos per web page and on the keyboard side 17, this compared to my 2 year old phone which could load 23, it only had one side... I have had the random restarts, only when I am on the web though, so I am atributting it to me pushing my phone to the max. Also this is a problem with ALL verizon phones, but I feel it should be said, their "HTML" browsers suck. They are barely better than the regular browsers.

Wish this had flash 10, than it would be far better. I have not loaded this onto bitpim yet, I like to wait at least 3 months before I void my warranties...

Only last thing, it beeps for everything. Texts, Uploading Contacts on the verizon contact loader, battery charged, battery low, few other things, and it drives me nuts because you cannot turn of most of them, texts you can, but I don't mind the text alerts...

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?