1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

Lg Env trouble with connection with phone to charger

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by Brandnews, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Brandnews

Brandnews New Member

Has anyone else been having trouble with the connection between the charger and the phone. I've been relatively careful plugging and unplugging the Env from the charger but the female connection in the phone keeps breaking. This is my 3rd phone?

› See More: Lg Env trouble with connection with phone to charger
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2007

2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

sounds like something is loose. I would take it to verizon to have a tech look at it.
  3. ost1az

ost1az New Member

Yes, I had the same problem with my first Env. The problem was the phone itself wouldn't register that the charger was plugged in, making me think I had to push the charger in further to get it to charge. I eventually broke it within a month. I had similar issues with the replacement phone for several weeks. Then magically one day the charging problems went away. I would have to assume that there was a firmware problem, however the salesmen at the verizon store and the salesmen in the group assured me that I was the only person in all of the world who had this problem with my Env phone. Now that the phone charges fine, I have no problem with it.

In my opinion it doesn't hurt a company to say you have a firmware problem that will be fixed soon. That's better then having the salespeople make every attempt to make the customer feel like a complete idiot who can't plug in a charging unit. I also don't understand the design of the male portion of the charging unit not having a wide enough base to ensure no one is able to push it in too far. All of the previous phones didn't have this problem. I hope LG is paying attention to this problem and is looking at better ways to design the charging functions of their phones.
  4. Brandnews

Brandnews New Member

Not only did we have charging problems but our friends have had the same problem. Each time wew have gone to the verizon store the staff tried to blame it on abuse or improper use, such as plugging it in up side down. They always blame it on user error not the fault of manufactureing design error. Our replacement phone came and after 4 days the phone plug is already getting loose.
  5. stacyk

stacyk New Member

Im about to go on my 3rd EnV phone. Love the phone but have had the same problems with the charger with both phones after about 6 months each. Very frustrating..and they forgot to ask me if i wanted insurance. So you're not alone
  6. ost1az

ost1az New Member

I gave up after I lost my EnV. I bought a Samsung SHU about a year ago and haven't had any problems. It's a little harder to navigate because it's smaller, but I like the flip phone features.
  7. KingPuff

KingPuff New Member

This is an current problem with my Env. I have babied this thing since I got it, and now I have to wiggle the plug around in there to get it to charge. I don't have a local Verizon store, so I have to drive an hour to get there. Hopefully they will be able to fix it or replace it.
  8. kingdaddyusa

kingdaddyusa New Member

My daughter is on her second EnV in less than a year and it is now having the same problem as the first with a bad charger connection. VERY poor design and yes, they will try to say it is the user's fault!! :angry:
    If she didn't love the texting ease of this phone, I would definitely go to something else if possible.
    Come on LG! Fix this obvious problem...doesn't anyone test these things before putting them on the market?
  9. bossdragon

bossdragon Daderator

I'm lost....I have had an Env since about the day it came out. I have never, and to this day have never had a problem with charging port. I have never babied the phone, nor looked to make sure that I was plugging it in right.

I know of numerous people that own this phone and have never complained about this issue. I'm at a loss as to how you could mess it up by plugging it in, unless you pushed it in to hard or at an angle or something.

I had the V before the Env and had no problem, and now currently own the 10000 (Voyager) and have had no problems with it since owning it either.
  10. kingdaddyusa

kingdaddyusa New Member

Consider yourself fortunate I guess...I am certainly NOT claiming that every single one of these phones will suffer the same fate as mine! Virtually NOTHING has a 100% failure rate of course, but this phone seems problematic in my experience.
    I thought the first one was due to carelessness, but not the second time. Anecdotal and not scientific surverys of course, but we have a number of friends and acquantinces who have had similar problems (as do a number of people on this forum it seems). To me, the port and charger connection seem unnecessarily flimsy.
  11. CristyTX

CristyTX New Member

I've had the same problem. Happened once with the enV I had before, and now it's happening with this one that I just got about 2 months ago. I'm going to run over to a Verizon store on my lunch and hopefully they will be able to do something about it. If it's a constant issue, I don't want another enV and I hope that they would be able to discount me on something else.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem.
  12. Jaramie3

Jaramie3 New Member

I have had a similar problem where inside the charging port a piece of metal practically fell out of it and eventually when i took it off the charger it came all the way out! I had to get a get a new Env which wasnt a big deal because i know that LG is known for having charging port problems as i have with my 5200 2 times way back in the day! Overall though i am pleased with my env......

If this was to happen again would Verizon let me get a different phone and just let me pay the difference because i dont want to deal with another env if this occurs again! It is just to much of a hassle to worry about the charging port all the time.

I think LG should take Motorola's charging design and put it into there phones :)
  13. CristyTX

CristyTX New Member

well I went to verizon and they gave me another replacement phone. but now I'm kinda mad because my cousin was having problems with his env as well and they replaced his with the env2 because the people at verizon told him that the env has been having a lot of problems. so why the hell didn't they give me one!?! yeah i'm not eligible for an upgrade until july next year, but my cousin just got their account earlier this year and they gave him the new phone. grr :thumbdown
  14. Jaramie3

Jaramie3 New Member

I think your cousin just got lucky because normally they dont do those types of switches! When i had my razr which was the very first one that came out so it had plenty of problems they always replaced it with the same old junky one instead of the newer razr!

So I'm thinking they got really lucky and should be thankful for that ! lol:p
  15. CristyTX

CristyTX New Member

they're thankful alright. and also like rubbing it in my face. but after calming down and doing some thinking and reading the phone reviews about the enV2, I think I'll try to make this enV last until I can upgrade to the Voyager --- the phone I really want
  16. raspberry8

raspberry8 New Member

I just recently had this problem. I've had my enV for half a year and just this weekend when I go to plug the charger in I have to angle the phone in such a way for the phone to register that the charger is there. Then throughout the charge it will stop and I have to fiddle with it again to get it to recharge.
    My fiance had the same exact problems with his enV until he just got rid of it for his razr (which is he is now on his 5th charger)
    I tried clearing out any dust that might have gotten into the phone but still its not wanting to charge unless I'm there to physically hold the charger in a certain way.

I really don't want to have to change my phone due to personal pics and vids that I don't want to have to email to myself as well as games music and ringtones. So I'm off to the verizon store to see what can be done :mumble:
  17. grlnextdoor

grlnextdoor New Member

I am on my 5TH! EnV. First the charger problem, then verizon sent me a new one, but that one would power down by itself counting from 11 to 1... for no apparent reason. I had 2 more that did that and went to the store where they would give me a new one... this also happened with an older LG phone I had a few years ago. Phone 4, the charger again... took it to the store (which I have to drive an hour to, since I'm away at school) like I did before and they said I had to call the insurance and get them to send me a new one... thinking it was maybe just my charger, I bought a new one that day as well... same problem having to maneuver it a million different ways to get it to charge. Finally the 5th one came from insurance... fine for a few weeks & now it's started again, & with this phone I have been super careful with it thinking maybe it was from dropping it occasionally or something... WRONG! There isn't a single scratch on my phone.. I'm so sick of this. It has to be a manufacturing problem because so many people I know and from forums have had this happen to them. UGHH!
  18. starbebe221

starbebe221 New Member

I am on my 3rd enV and it has the same problem as last time. This time they sent me a refurbished one so it will not charge and it's been less than 3 months. They kicked me off of the warranty program too so I need to buy a new phone now. I loved the phone but the charging issue is a huge issue.
  19. bbrous

bbrous New Member

I have the same problem. I'm on my 6th phone and it just quit charging aftet 6-8 weeks. Hello LG, are you hearing this?
  20. Daddyopop

Daddyopop New Member

I have same problem with my LG 9900 . I've had the phone for two years and its really been a good phone until the charge port went out. After some extensive reasearch I ordered a universal cell phone battery charger from Factory Direct Cellular. $17.95 +
    shipping. I recieved it 7 days after placing the order. Guess what ... it works!!!!
    Be sure for follow instructions on FDC site. Looks complicated, its not.
    Final note:
    I found the same charger on sale at Amazon for 5.99 ea + shipping. Just ordered 2 more for my wifes and sons phones.
    Charges the battery directly not thru charge port!:) yeah!!!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?