1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG enV (vx9900) help

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by jbs4life, May 8, 2007.

1. jbs4life

jbs4life New Member

For the picture ID is there a way to make it so when a person calls me their picture comes up? When I set the picture ID to a contact it only shows up when I call them, but not when receiving a call. Picture ID is enabled so I don't know what to do or if you can do this.

And also what is the easiest way I can get my MP3's on my computer to my phone and as a ringtone?

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

› See More: LG enV (vx9900) help
  2. phNN3rd

phNN3rd New Member

Honestly the easiest way I've seen to get music from your computer to your phone would be to use a card reader instead of a usb data cable. AccessoryGeeks.com is where I got my card and reader because they had a promotion on the package not to long ago. Anyhow the trick is, when you put the card into the env and format it, it will put three folders onto the card...my music my pix and my ringers I belive. When you finish doing that just go ahead and plug the card into the reader then into your pc and you should be able to drag and drop the mp3 files from your comp to your phone. Id aviod the data cable because Verizon is known for blocking features like transferring music files. Let me know if it helpd.

3. jbs4life

jbs4life New Member

So it will make a ringtones folder where I can drop in MP3's and they will show up in 'My Ringtones'?

4. phNN3rd

phNN3rd New Member

This is normally the case. Do this I'm not too familar with the env but im sure the Interface isn't much different then my buddies 8600. I think you have to go into get it now or something...and you should see sub folders or such labeled my_music my_pix. Do some browsing on the phone and card to see if any of these are present.

5. phNN3rd

phNN3rd New Member

Also, when you format the card is when the phone creates the sub folder. This is done in the phone not via the card reader or anything. Not sure if i mentioned that but just had to make sure.

6. jbs4life

jbs4life New Member

So the folders aren't made on the micro SD card and I don't see the folders when I put the card in my computer?

7. phNN3rd

phNN3rd New Member

Sorry. I probably made everything sound really confusing. Ok so lets say you want to get music files from your computer to your phone. You would have a memory card that you would have just bought and it would be completly empty. When you put the card into your LG verizon phone it will give you the option to format the card. What this does is it put folders onto the card typically my_music my_pix and I think My_ringtones. So when we get to that step you you can then remove the card from the phone use the card reader and when you place that into your computer it will show up as a USB mass storage device. You can then access the card and when you do you'll notice the folders already written on the card..the ones I mentioned above. At this point you can drag mp3 files from your computer onto your memory card and then you can re-insert your card back into your phone and you should be good to go. All of these folders can be accessed through the get it now option but you might want to read through the user manual to get a better understanding. I hope this is a bit easier to understand but if it isnt you can shoot me a pm and i'll help you out some more..
    cheers

8. birdguy888

birdguy888 New Member

YES on the pictures! I had the same problem. Go into your contacts list and for each person, make sure you add the area code to their number! You do not have to add the 1 for long distance numbers but all of the carriers have switched back to the area code for cell phone usage/functions. Once you add the area code (even for your local numbers) save it and that will bring up their pic when they call you!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?