1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG enV2 - Help with Back Up Assist application download

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by whitecrystal1, Aug 21, 2011.

1. whitecrystal1

whitecrystal1 New Member

Question; Is there a way to download this application on my phone?? Verizon's 800 call center says yes, that I have to go to a store to get it downloaded but the stores say no. Please help if you can.

Long story below...

I just picked up a used (1 year old) envy2 because the buttons on my original envy2 were going bad. I had Back up Assist on my original phone but the newer replacement did not. I called Verizon to help with getting the app downloaded so I could transfer my contacts over but was told by two different people there that I had to go to a Verizon center because of the age of my phone, that the app could not be downloaded through V-Cast. First store I went to took both, my old and new phone to download app on new phone and transfer my contacts over. When I got my phone back they were not able to download the app on my newer phone and lost all my contacts on my original phone :flamemad: After waiting for about 2.5 hours and several technicians there I finally spoke with the store manager, she basically said that they could not help and that she was sorry about the mishap and gave me $100.00 off my bill.

After leaving I called the 800 service center back to find out if they just didn't know what they were doing or what. They assured me that this phone, like my old phone does support this application and I should try another store. So I did that today. After speaking with them at work, they also said they should be able to help me.... NOPE I was there for about 20 mins and they told me that it's not possible to add it to this phone anymore, that they tried re-flashing the phone but it won't take it.

If anyone can help me get this app on my phone please help. Thanks :)

› See More: LG enV2 - Help with Back Up Assist application download
  2. whitecrystal1

whitecrystal1 New Member

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?