1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG env2 Water Damage?

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by FestusHeimer, Aug 4, 2009.

1. FestusHeimer

FestusHeimer New Member

So my phone got a little wet. Not enough to activate the water damage indicator sticker on the phone, but enough to alter the one on the battery slightly. Im not sure if it's the problem, but I'd like to confirm. Everything appears to be working on the phone, except it has to be plugged into a wall charger to work. It shuts off the second the plug is pulled. I strongly suspect this is because the battery is toast. I've played around with chemistry enough to know that Lithium doesn't like water.

Anyways, like I said, just wanted to confirm that is indeed the problem before I go spend money on a new battery.

Thanks!

› See More: LG env2 Water Damage?
  2. DareI

DareI New Member

My husband is a science teacher, and when one of his colleagues gave his phone an inadvertent bath, they put it in a bell jar or vacuum pump or some craziness and it was fine. Assuming you don't have such equipment available, I recently read that putting the phone in rice would pull out the moisture. (Doesn't that sound easy after all the science talk?) Worth a try!

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?