1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Env3 mp3 ringtones?

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by crazytom911, Jul 26, 2009.

1. crazytom911

crazytom911 New Member

There a way to use a full mp3 song as a ring tone? if so how do you place it in the my ringtones folder?? Thanks for all the help

› See More: LG Env3 mp3 ringtones?
  2. ArtoZ45

ArtoZ45 New Member

Well If you go to this website: makeownringtone.com You can upload your own song and make your own ringtone. Then click and drag it to your my_sounds folder, from there you can save it as your ringtone.

3. xemaline

xemaline New Member

when you do it, you're going to have to be selective with length and file size though, otherwise it might let you save it as a sound, but you won't be able to set it as a ringtone.

4. textingNewB

textingNewB New Member

phonezoo.com is a great place for free ringtones & you can create your own as well.

5. LGKEYBO9200

LGKEYBO9200 New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to buy the LG Keybo 2, And I was wondering if I were to buy a SD Memory card, I would be able to assign it as my ringtone?

6. cybiko123

cybiko123 Active Member

The Keybo 2 doesn't take SD cards, it takes microSD cards. And yes, you can use MP3 files as ringtones from a microSD card.

7. DejjMcPhee

DejjMcPhee New Member

and how do you do it?
    cause i keep sending myself my ringtone, but it wont let me save it anywhere except in the ny sounds folder

8. cybiko123

cybiko123 Active Member

If you can't send it to yourself, download BitPim and connect your phone to the computer with the USB cable. You can send ringtones under Media > Ringers.

9. DejjMcPhee

DejjMcPhee New Member

i've tried bitpim, and it's even worked up to the point that the transfer is completed, and the phone reboots itself, but the file is nowhere to be found
    my phone is with telus btw, not verizon

10. cybiko123

cybiko123 Active Member

Oh, you have Telus. From what I remember about the Keybo, there should be a numbered folder under ams that has folders labelled ringtones, music, etc.

You can get to that folder by clicking View > Filesystem in Bitpim, then clicking on the Filesystem tab that appears.

11. DejjMcPhee

DejjMcPhee New Member

ok, heres whats going on so far

i downloaded bitpim 1.0.6 and managed to connect my phone to it, but i had to set it as env2 and on port 3 or 4, but when i hit a dead end, i tried version 1.0.7, which actually has the option for env3, but no matter what i tried, i wasnt able to connect to my phone like i did with the other one
    i went back to 1.0.6 so that i could connect and attempt the filesystem thing you told me
    i'm honestly not sure if i'm even connected, but anyway, i found the ams folder, with diffrent numbered subfolders, but i have no clue where to put my ringtone
    my choices are 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19
    they contain different files, like png, .set, .mf, .map and so on...

so yeah, i dont know what to do now..

well, apparently marijuana affects the memory..
    so i found two ringtone folders
    one was in brew - mod - 10889 - ringtones
    but that folder already contains the file i want to use as a ringtone, so.....i dont know...
    the second folder was brew - shared - ringtone
    but that one contains nothing..so i'll try to load it there and see what happens..

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  12. cybiko123

cybiko123 Active Member

Ah, yeah, I think that was the folder you wanted. Sorry for the confusion.

13. DejjMcPhee

DejjMcPhee New Member

its all good..

should i be trying to connect my phone while in usb mass storage mode? or should i turn that mode off when trying to connect?
    cause when its in storage mode, i can never get a response from a port..
    and when its connected with a usb, but not in storage mode, it looks like its connected, but nothing seems to happen..

14. cybiko123

cybiko123 Active Member

For me, it had to be in mass storage. Once you've put it in that mode, try downloading your contact list. Then try sending the ringtone again.

15. DejjMcPhee

DejjMcPhee New Member

well, it wont let me connect on any ports, i always get the same error message
    could not open port, (2, 'createfile', the system cannot find the file specified)

16. DejjMcPhee

DejjMcPhee New Member

alright, well, somehow, i did it..
    not exactly sure how i did it, but it worked..
    i'm guessing it was a combination of things..

so, the ringtone i wanted was the one from crank
    it wasnt the biggest file to transfer, but i still converted it using bitpim, so it came out more then half the size

i then took the file, and loaded into my phone manually, so not using bitpim, and i believe i put it in my sounds folder

with my phone, i then went to my sounds folder, went to options, and then copy...and for some reason, it got copied to my ringtones folder..

i thought i had attempted that a dozen times before seeing as i had a dozen copies of it on my phone, but i guess i was doing it wrong..all that matters to me now is that i did it...

and im just glad that i only wanted one ring tone, cause i don't know if i can go through that again..

now to change my background...haha

17. LGKEYBO9200

LGKEYBO9200 New Member

I don't get that. i tried a million times and made my own 30 second ringtone and it ends up in my sounds folder. i tried to copy and move it but it cant end up in the ringtones folder. help!

So i tried making me own 30 second ringtone but it just wouldnt end up in the ringtones folder, only the sounds folder. i tried to copy it and move it but it just kept staying in the sounds folder. and what is bitpim anyway? p.s. sending it to myself wouldnt work.:sad:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?