1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Glimmer on Verizon?

Discussion in 'LG' started by neXus324, Feb 25, 2009.

1. neXus324

neXus324 New Member

I am interested in buying an LG Glimmer that was used on the Alltel network, but I have Verizon. With their open access and acquisition of Alltel, will the phone work with Verizon? Thanks

› See More: LG Glimmer on Verizon?
  2. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

Verizon Wireless will activate any CDMA device that was manufactured later than 2003. This means it is guaranteed to be E911 capable.

Yes, just call. Sometimes...it may be difficult and Verizon won't be able to troubleshoot any issues you have with it later, but they'll activate it. Also, you won't be eligible for insurance or anything.

3. Wizzer

Wizzer New Member

Ha..! When's the last time you tried activating a non-Verizon CDMA phone onto the Verizon network? I tried with an unbranded, brand new Motorola Q9c and after about an hour of them saying no and hang on, I gave up.

Sprint activated it right over the phone within minutes.

4. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

I have done this last month.

5. countrygirl

countrygirl New Member

Honestly, this has nothing to do with your post but I have had two LG Glimmers and I am about to receive my third. I would not purchase this phone. Both of mine have crashed and I can't go buy another phone because this one is still under warranty and they keep sending me the phone through the XBM service. I would advise you to look for a totally different phone.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?