1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Spectrum sd card not being recognized randomly

Discussion in 'LG' started by yayo_chulo, Mar 28, 2012.

1. yayo_chulo

yayo_chulo New Member

Can anyone help me? I have the LG Spectrum and this is the 2nd unit I have had in the month and they both have the same issues. At times for no apparent reason my SD card will not be noticed. The icons for the apps I have on the SD card will be in grey and I can not get to them. My other phone had this issue with an entirely different SD card. Has anyone else had this happen? Real disappointment can not open SMS texts with attachments, cant use your apps, and can not find out what is causing the issue. I have wiped my phone several times and can not figure out why it does this....can anyone help me?

› See More: LG Spectrum sd card not being recognized randomly
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Re: Storage Options on the LG Spectrum

where did the sd card come from? Was it formatted in the phone?

3. yayo_chulo

yayo_chulo New Member

I purchased the phone from Amazon Wireless and it came with the phone. Once I requested another phone to replace the first one within 5 days the second phone same problem. Basically I have to take off cover pull out put back in the SD card all the time and hope it will see the card

4. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

That's odd. I'm wondering if you're getting phones with a bad batch of sd cards. I would try formatting another higher end card in the phone before giving up.

5. yayo_chulo

yayo_chulo New Member

Ok I will try that John but my question is do you think it has anything to do with compatibility issues with some apps?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?