1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Tritan w/Alltel or LG Env touch w/Verizon phone decision

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by gogreen1975, Aug 14, 2009.

1. gogreen1975

gogreen1975 New Member

I'm going to upgrade my LG AX355 flip phone. I can upgrade now through Alltel and get the LG Tritan, or wait until Verizon/Alltel finally merge in my area(probably Oct.), and I can get the LG Env touch w/Verizon. I haven't seen any reviews on the Tritan. Is it as good as the Env touch? Any advice for me between these two phone options, or maybe something else I'm missing. What are the differences between the Tritan and Envtouch besides the obvious slider v. hinged design. What I have gathered is that the Tritan screen resolution is less than the Envtouch. The Tritan battery life is rated about 50 minutes less(talk time). The Tritan doesn't have a flash on the camera....I think. Tritan has wifi capability, but envtouch does not. Anything I'm missing?

thanks,

› See More: LG Tritan w/Alltel or LG Env touch w/Verizon phone decision
  2. cellphonesgb

cellphonesgb New Member

Well, if you are going to base your decision on if/when Alltel and Verizon merge to upgrade your phone, then don't wait.

Verizon and Alltel, even though the "Same" company, are still trying to find out if they want to dump the Alltel name or not. Some days they say they are going to become one, some days not. So who knows at this point.

Although I'm not partial to either phone, if I had to make a choice, I'd say the LG Tritan. It's got the touch screen, plus a full QWERTY keyboard.

Don't get me wrong, the enV Touch isn't a slouch either, but that's my two cents.

3. flegel

flegel New Member

Stick with you're provider right now.

In some areas Verizon can't take over Alltel because it would create a monopoly

in my area because Alltel is bigger thenverizon they are selling the Verizon part to AT&T so that a monopoly isn't created.

In the end it will work out for the better but just stick with who you're comfortable with for now.

And personally I like the Tritan more then the env touch.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?