1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG Voyager charging problems - on 3rd phone

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by lilsilent5150, Jun 19, 2009.

1. lilsilent5150

lilsilent5150 New Member

i got the voyager had it for a yr i think this is my 3rd one cuz the 1st i broke it by jamming something into the slot wer i connect my charger i was drunk
    2nd one crap out on me
    this is my 3rd one and same thing i cant charge it i tried other batteries and charges and nope but my upgrade aint untill march but i cant wait that long and i wanted the omnia wen my upgrade comes around
    is this problem common? or jst my bad luck
    should i jst go tru the insurance and get a new one

› See More: LG Voyager charging problems - on 3rd phone
  2. WiredNot

WiredNot New Member

Re: wat up got lil problem

Hi lilsilent5150,

I haven't heard of many charging problems. The few that I have heard about were due to faulty batteries. Since you've already tried a different battery and charger, it sounds like the phone, itself, is defective or damaged.

Unless you can live without a cell phone until March, you'll need to replace it.

Best regards, WiredNot

1 person likes this.
  3. lilsilent5150

lilsilent5150 New Member

i got no choice but to get a another one
    cant wait till march
    well thnx

4. lilsilent5150

lilsilent5150 New Member

well jst found out the verizon store dnt got the black voyager and i dnt want the titanium fone soo they said i can get an early upgrade but i want the omnia in order to get it i gotta pay $200 so i called the insurance and same ther out of stock i dnt know if i should jst pay those $200 or wait till they get the black one

5. WiredNot

WiredNot New Member

Hi lilsilent5150,

LG stopped manufacturing the black Voyager last year when they replaced it with the Voyager Titanium model. Since it hasn't been available for a long time, the best you will get is a refurbished one. And since you've been having problems, I would not recommend that you go that route.

If you reconsider the Voyager Titanium you should know that you can then get one of the black skins or shells for it (both are available from third parties). You'll find the skins and shells pretty cheap on eBay.

As for the Samsung Omnia, it doesn't sound like Verizon is willing to give you a good deal on it---$200 is way too much to me. If you can get out of your current Verizon contract and you are determined to get an Omnia, then you might want to consider www.wirefly.com. They'll sell you a new Omnia for just $50 if you open a new 2-year Verizon account. But you'll have to get out of your existing contract first or you'll be paying for two contracts at the same time.

Best regards, WiredNot

6. lilsilent5150

lilsilent5150 New Member

yeah i might have to go with the titanium cuz charging my fone is really getting hard on me and ill jst get the skin
    if i get out of my contract i would have to pay a lot of $$ for it
    so its not really worth it for me to do that soo ill jst go with titanium for now and jst wait for my upgrade and see what heppens then
    i jst found out the omnia they got is only 5mgp i member seing one with 8 or 7mgp

7. Bea Skinner

Bea Skinner New Member

I am having a problem as well with charging when i plug it in it tells me to
    remove the battery immeditly to a cool dry place over heating was detected. i bought a new battery and says the same thing.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?