1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

LG Voyager VX10000 - is this being replaced in 2009

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by Cody21, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Cody21

Cody21 Member

Noobie here ... be gentle .. :)

I'm in the market for a cell phone - don't have one. All I'm certain of is I want Verizon as my carrier. Of course the various plans and "gotchas" have my head spinning. I was thinking of the STORM, then after playing with it, thought I was interested in the Omnia ... then the Verizon sales guy informed me that the PDA-like devices (like the 2 I played with) required a $30/mo. VCAST DATA Pak ...

I only want the BASIC Service (39/mo) and the $15/mo. VCAST VPak.

So he recommended this VX10000 .... It appears to me that this was released in 2007 ... Does anyone know if there is a replacement coming out in 2009 for it??? I'm hard-pressed to by an outdated model if a new one is right around the corner...

Thanks

› See More: LG Voyager VX10000 - is this being replaced in 2009

2. nicknrm

nicknrm Super Moderator

I am the same way, I always want my wireless device to be the newest and most up to date.

I have not heard anything about Verizon Wireless releasing a newer version of this phone. Yes, it is possible, but doubtful.

I work in an industry that tests wireless devices, before they're released. This means, if it was going to be replaced, I would probably know. I have no idea at this point.

3. Cody21

Cody21 Member

Thank you -- Appreciate hearing what you know.
  4. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

I have not heard anything besides Verizon releasing other phones such as the LG dar, Motorola Krave ZN4, and Blackberry thunder...which have all been release and are avail for you to compare the voyager to
  5. txlnghorns17

txlnghorns17 New Member

I havent heard anything about that.....i doubt verizon will replace this phone anytime soon because it sells so good and its easily one of the most reliable phones on the market....the iphone has some better features but as a whole this phone destroys the iphone!
  6. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

Whats weird all the stuff i get in the mail for other people on my plan to upgrade their phone they have this line up:
    Blackberry storm, LG dare, LG env2

No Voyager...Yet the voyager is better then the env2

same line up I've noticed on Verizon wireless commercials...

Seems like they might of stopped advertising for the Voyager. But whats weird in my opinion is why the env2 is still being advertised.
  7. Axl

Axl Member

I saw an ad for the Voyager Titanium on TV just last night. $99
  8. laxisok123

laxisok123 New Member

I haven't seen one in a while lol...just ad's for the other phones i mentioned
  9. soxfan2546

soxfan2546 New Member

i havent heard anything...
  10. connerman1021

connerman1021 New Member

yo retards the new LG Voyager 2 is called the lg env touch for verizonwireless. Now its 49.99 and buy one get one free

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?