1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

Info LG-VX 10000 (Voyager) firmware V09 Software Notes

Discussion in 'LG Voyager' started by Predator04, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Predator04

Predator04 New Member

· New Pre-Loaded Application: City ID
    1 Visual Voice Mail
    2 Smartlinks added for Mobile E-Mail and Visual Voice Mail
    3 When sending a text, if you press [Shift] [4/$] to get the $, it displays $8.
    4 Problem where the “Unlock” soft key is not displayed on an incoming call after phone is locked in the phone setting menu.
    5 Fixed the following two lock-ups on the device:
    6 When the user tries to move the image in [Settings & Tools], [Memory], [Phone Memory], [Options], [Move], [Select the image]
    7 Select the same file to move and press “Done” in [Settings & Tools], [Memory], [Card Memory], [My Picture]
    8 Shortcuts Menu on external display now supports dragging & dropping feature to move positions. In SET mode, Options(Right Soft Key) has been renamed to Reset.
    9 When auto focus in camera is set to “Two Steps” the focusing sound plays even in vibrate mode. - Now Fixed
    10 On the external display, pressing & holding “#” key now puts the phone in and out of the vibration mode, and pressing & holding “*” key is for international calling.
    11 Pairing the LG Voyager with a MacBook Pro only shows OBEX File Transfer and OBEX Object Push as supported services. (Bluetooth modem is not listed as a supported service, also no options from the programming menu to enable it)
    12 When you have the 10K set to “Vibrate Only” after pairing and using the Motorola H12 Bluetooth headset, then disconnecting (turning off the H12) the key tones become audible. To set the key tone to silent again you must increase the ring volume and then decrease back to “Vibrate Only.” This is also duplicated using the Motorola H685 Bluetooth headset and the Voyager also. - Now Fixed
    13 Online Album menu is added under Media Center – Picture & Video – 8. Online Album
    14 Corrected the misspelling in the screensaver (Faburary -> February)
    15 Changed the following verbiages:

“To PIX Place” to “To Online Album"
    “Get It Now” to “Media Center"
    "My Account" to “My Verizon".
    “Standalone Mode” to “Airplane Mode”

16. "Turning on Airplane Mode will disable all wireless communications." Help text has been added on the Airplane Mode.

17. Turning on Music Only Mode will disable voice and data calls. Bluetooth communication will not be affected." Help text has been added on the Music Only Mode

18 When customer selects pix and presses option to upload to pix place. As soon as you press (2) to upload phone reboots.

19. When you have ICE contacts set. When the phone is locked and you hit the "ice" button then hit options and then re-assign you can add a new contact. You can also reassign and unassign the ice numbers which should not be possible when the phone is locked.

20. When a user has a voicemail number setup with two 2-second pauses, then his/her password, when the user holds down the 1 key on the Voyager to dial into their voicemail box, as soon as the call connects, they hear a beep from the headset which triggers the earpiece volume to appear on the phone. This is preventing their password from being dialed automatically like normal.

21. “Show Dialpad” has been added under “Phone Settings – Call Settings” to provide an option to show/hide the dial pad on the external display during a call.

22. “Screen Saver” under Display Settings has been renamed to “Charging Screen.”

23. “Auto Complete” feature has been added in entering a recipient’s address/phone number in Messaging.
    24. “Set Qwerty Shortcut” under “Phone Settings – Set Shortcuts” has been added.
    25. “V CAST Music” has been changed to “V CAST Music | Rhapsody” under Media Center – Music & Tones.
    26. Visual Voice Mail and Mobile Email have been added under Messaging.
    27. Last call timer now gets reset when “Reset all” is selected.
    28. “Vibrate on Scrolling” has been added under Touch Settings – Vibrate.
    29. When “Dual Clock” is set, it now displays “Current Time” instead of “Current Time Zone.”

30. In a call using Bluetooth device, pressing SPK key will transfer sound to speakerphone.

31. Go to rediff (url), select images, select nature/flowers, device reboots (repeatable). However if user turns java script off, device does not reboot.

32. Go to weatherbug (url). Enter zip code, phone resets and then comes up in a strange state where the browser displays an error when attempting to access.

33. When going to abebooks (url) phone will shut off. Opened up the browser went to abebooks (url): and phone will shut off when page is loading.

(url) = .com

› See More: LG-VX 10000 (Voyager) firmware V09 Software Notes
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. kweber103

kweber103 New Member

Does anyone know if the new Firmware will disable DUN over USB?

3. RescueEMT911

RescueEMT911 New Member

Hello.. quick question about the firmware v09 which I am sure someone has tried already :) With this new version are you still able to use Bitpim software to add ringtones and wallpapers, add contacts? I love this phone and am looking forward to getting the upgrade! But Bitpim is a lifesaver when you consider a ringtone is $1.99 but then they charge you an extra $1.99 for megabyte usage (yes I have the pay per mb) lol but to me this seems like double charging, paying for the ringtone and the data.. any help with the Bitpim software and V09 would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks..

RescueEMT911

4. Predator04

Predator04 New Member

yes manually set bitpim to the dare phone and it should work

5. RescueEMT911

RescueEMT911 New Member

Thank you so much for your quick reply Predator04! Have you tried this yet and been able to use Bitpim with V09? I am just wondering because with the V07 software it just recognizes my phone I go to ringers, edit my ringtone, and go to the top 'add data to phone' and presto it is complete.. so I was just curious if there were any glitches with the v09 software adding the ringtones from Bitpim.. but I have off on Tuesday so I may head over to Verizon and give the V09 software a try!

6. Predator04

Predator04 New Member

yes i was able to use bitpim for backing up restoreing ect. havent used it for ringtones but im positive it should work

7. thebleaman

thebleaman Banned

i cant get bitpim to work at all!!! im just told bitpim does not have access to that folder because the carrier disabled access... what bitpim are u using? i am using 1.0.6...

8. RescueEMT911

RescueEMT911 New Member

I am using Bitpim version 1.0.5 with phone software version 7.. maybe I am not running into problems because I never loaded the drivers that came with the Voyager phone? The drivers that I already had installed on my pc are for the LG enV but work fine with the Voyager... What version software do you have on your phone v07 or v09?

9. thebleaman

thebleaman Banned

i am using bitpim 6 and firmware 9. i cant use bitpim at all. i cant transfer or copy anything at all. bitpim was the one application that let me deal with verizon and if i cant use it i'm going to leave.

10. kweber103

kweber103 New Member

Just to let everyone know, just got the new firmware and DUN over USB still works, Im using it now to post this.

11. isolomon

isolomon New Member

I am disappointed by one item. From what I originally read about this upgrade I thought I could put anything on the menu. But as far as I can tell I'm still limited to a list. I want Notepad available on the menu. I use it and getting to it is a pain. Am I missing something?

12. bsteimel

bsteimel New Member

there seems to be a mixed result on bitpim here, can you use it with the newest firmware or not. Those who it didn't work, did you change your phone settings to dare as suggested?

13. Borg561

Borg561 New Member

Not sure if this is V09 related or related to the Titanium version of the phone. On my black Voyager with V07 firmware, I could set the Calculator as a shortcut on the external screen. On my new titanium Voyager with V09, I can set the EZ Tip Calculator as a shortcut, but not the regular calculator. Can someone with V09 on a black Voyager check this out please? I use it enough to warrant a shortcut, and I'm beginning to miss it.

Justin

14. Predator04

Predator04 New Member

Its not related to the titanium. it is however part of the v09 update. you can no longer set calc as a shortcut. im assuming if they release a new firmware they will re enable it. they must have accidentally disabled it. (i think anyways)

15. kailua

kailua New Member

I got the V09 update and am having problems unlocking my phone (especially when receiving a call). By the time I unlock it, I missed the call. I did callibrate it many times too. I am also having trouble checking my comcast mobile email. Sometimes I can but most times it will quickly flash insufficient memory (which I know is not possible) and then will reset. Is anyone else experiencing any of these problems?

Thanks for any help!

16. Axl

Axl Member

I'm using bitpim ver. 1.0.7 and it works fine with my Voyager Titanium with software ver. 09

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?