1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

LG VX 6000 USB Question

Discussion in 'LG' started by Prince Xanta, Jan 14, 2004.

1. rossi303

rossi303 New Member

It should be "/dev/tty/usbserial0" My text was too long and broke it. =)

› See More: LG VX 6000 USB Question
  2. 71CH

71CH New Member

i tried this but the comp wont recognize the phone
    are there settings i need to put on the phone?
  3. Adrenachrome

Adrenachrome New Member

No, but make sure you have a version that will support the phone.
    And make sure you have the drivers for the USB Cable installed.
  4. 71CH

71CH New Member

i installed bitpim 0.62 and what i thought was the drivers for xp.
    should i install a different program? and where can i get usb drivers?
  5. 71CH

71CH New Member

does this include all software?
  6. thephonemall

thephonemall New Member

Data Cable and Software

The LG's come with USB drivers as well as the latest version of BitPim. Dido on the Audiovox 8900.
    The Motorola's come with Mobile Phone Tools.
  7. 71CH

71CH New Member

bump bump bump
  8. Cronos

Cronos New Member

Seems many sellers (the ones at the top, not the auctioning ones), are offering the cable + software...Just wondering if they are all selling the same exact thing or is there a difference with what's sold?
  9. Adrenachrome

Adrenachrome New Member

I doubt there is a whole lot of a difference in the cables, the driver is simple, so is the cable..

Just make sure you look through the sellers feedback to see if they are trustworthy before you buy...

Personally I'd rather go to a store so I can have someone to slap if I get fuct over..
  10. Adrenachrome

Adrenachrome New Member

What am I gonna do? SLap my computer screen, or do you just happen to have a store in Va Beach?
  11. Dave1234

Dave1234 New Member

Won't work

So I got my LG VX6000 from Verizon on July 19.

The next day I recieved the USB cord and CD with driver I ordered on ebay.

I enstalled the driver.

I downloaded and installed PitBim 0.7.14.

I'm running Windows 98 Second Edition.

I seem to be having a couple of problems. First in the PitBim settings only Com Port 1 is recognized. I cannot find a USB option. This maybe the only problem. So I tried to connect with my phone anyway and the PitBim program cannot find the phone.

Any suggestions?

Dave
  12. Tazz13

Tazz13 New Member

Hey,

I usually have some problems with BitPim connecting to my phone to.

First make sure the cable is securely in your phone and in the back of the computer. Sometimes if it's a little loose it messes it up.

If that doesn't work then try:

First check to see if your phone is set to USB. Even if you have the USB cable it shouldn't be set on USB. Do this by going to Menu -> Settings -> 1x Data -> Select Port. Then SELECT RS232C(COM PORT), the one under USB and hit OK. Exit out of that

Now try closing then re-opening the BitPim software and see if your phone connects.

If that doesn't work then I would suggest going to version 0.62. I'va had many problems of my phone and version 7 so I use 0.62.
    Here's a link: BitPim 0.62

After it's installed make sure your phone is not on USB again then run the prog and see if it connects.

If this doesn't work close the software, unplug the cable from the phone and your comp. Turn off your comp. Plug the cable back into the comp and your phone. Make sure your phone is not set to USB and turn your comp back on. Now give BitPim another go.

Hope that helps you out.

Thankz,

Tazz
  13. Cronos

Cronos New Member

Dave,

I ran into the same problem as you. This is how I solved it.

First the CD with the driver I got from ebay didn't work. The cable works fine but for some reason when I install the drivers, it didn't work.

I went to this site:

http://www.futuredial.com/support/usbdrivers/Drivers.htm

Basically go there and download/install the drivers. The full directions (step-by-step) is on that website. The important thing to note is that you have to plug in your cable to your computer before you click "ok" after the installation finishes so your computer can detect the new hardware. (The first time I ran the setup, I clicked "ok" and then inserted the cable and nothing happened...so make sure you insert cable before clicking "ok" after setup runs)

Then after you do that, you should see the port option for your phone. If you set it on "auto", it'll automatically find it for you.

I didn't change any settings on my phone. It's still "USB" setting and it works fine. I didn't have to change it to serial like mentioned in the previous post to get it to work.

So basically I think it's just a problem with your drivers and going to that website to download/install the drivers should help.

Let me know if it works.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  14. erictrud

erictrud New Member

Might sound a bit stupid, but would it work with only a serial cord ?
    I mean i don't have the straight USB cord, only the one for Verizon and to connect on the internet. Do i absolutely need the straight USB cord ?

Thanks in advance !!

<<edit>> forget that last post i just read the full thread; i'm dumb :)

I tried every hint people gave here to have my LG 6070 working with BitPim and can'T get it working. Port opens well, all drivers are installed ( and desintalled and reinstalled ). It tries to contact phone but there is my problem, i get that message :
    COM3: Timed out waiting for 7e, requested bytes 1 - 0 bytes read

COM3 is the right port, i have those drivers installed : Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port.

Phone seems to work with Verizon, at least the program sees my phone. I have not try to connect with then since i don't have an account with them. My main goal when i bought that cable is for Phonebook management and sounds and pics.

Now ... anyone can help me ? Or is there another program that works fine with the LG 6070 ?
    I'm using WinXP if that makes any difference, tried BitPim 0.62 and 0.7.14 and no results.

Thanks in advance !!
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  15. tyshubrick

tyshubrick New Member

The website requires not only registration, but pre-purchase of one of their products.

I'm a newbie to this, so let me show you what I'm thinking. It appears that the software to interact with the phone is bitpim, but for it to interface, you must use a serial/usb cable (in my case, cable #19), which is essentially a piece of hardware in of itself, which means that it requires appropriate divers for the O/S (XP for me) to recognize it. Is this right? If so, where can we get the drivers?
  16. Cronos

Cronos New Member

17. tyshubrick

tyshubrick New Member

drivers

Thanks, but the website says:

1XExpress.com: Access Denied

You are trying to access a restricted area.

No worries though, I was able to find the right driver (well, at least Win XP recognizes it now) for the cable here: http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=130729

You have to be a member at driversguide in order for the linky to worky.

Now if I can just get bitpim to work. I don't believe that it works for the L1200, though.

For that matter, I installed the latest edition for bitpim, but now it doesn't really start. It appears as a 'minimized' program on the bar at the bottom of the screen, but when I click on that tab, it doesn't maximize. It just sits there. Dead.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  18. hPn0TiQ510

hPn0TiQ510 New Member

that happens to me...just right click on it and select maximize.
  19. tyshubrick

tyshubrick New Member

maximize works

thanks...right clicking and selecting maximize worked...I thought I had tried that before...but must not have.

Now I'm getting this error message: "the phone is not responding while transitioning mode from none to brew."

I wish I knew what that meant. I'll do some searches...

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?