1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX 7000 text messages

Discussion in 'LG' started by NOSSPDDMN, Feb 20, 2006.

1. NOSSPDDMN

NOSSPDDMN New Member

How can I tell where an anonymous text mess. came from? Is there a way to find the ip address that it came from?

› See More: LG VX 7000 text messages
  2. Twin

Twin Lucky

People can send anonymous text messages??!!

3. Brad729

Brad729 New Member

On some providers' sites, you can send an text message to someone where you put in your own callback number. I'm guessing they have no way to validate the callback number?
    That's an interesting question! Unless the anonymous sms came from your sp's site, and was something serious enough for the court to subpoena the information, I would say probably not.

I mean, you can call and ask your service provider, but I am guessing they would tell you no, likely because it's too much trouble to go through and also could potentially turn into some kind of security risk if every rep had access to every ip from every sms/text. BUT I'm sure they have the capability to do so if they were court-ordered, which is probably not worth the money/time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2006
  4. NOSSPDDMN

NOSSPDDMN New Member

Thanks! I was just curious if it could be done.

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?