1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!

LG VX-8100: Software Update

Discussion in 'LG' started by bankercop, Aug 15, 2012.

1. bankercop

bankercop New Member

I recently replaced my LG VX-8100 which has failed with a duplicate recycled model from an eBay seller. Despite calls to to Verizon's tech support and a visit to a Verizon store, the phone will not update nor transfer my contacts from their back up assistant. Tech support advised that there was a software update (no longer available) and suggested that I take it in to a store and request that they attach to their "flash box" which should contain the update. My local Verizon store's "flash box" did not find the update. The device also thinks it is "roaming" and is hitting a non-Verizon tower. I can make and receive calls but I can't update. Does anyone know if the software update is available from any other source?

› See More: LG VX-8100: Software Update
  2. jdeg

jdeg Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately the only way to do this would be with a program called LGNPST. You also have to have the correct files for your phone. It's not very easy to do.

Did the phone come from a carrier other than Verizon?

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?