1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX-9700 Dare From Telus

Discussion in 'LG Dare' started by bluffmaster, Dec 16, 2008.

1. DurteSanchez

DurteSanchez New Member

I am using Vista, and after a few errors on my part, but eventually following Hella's instructions, I could upload ringtones and games,except had to overwrite the games as same name as Tools(eztip or worldclock). I found on my vista laptop bitpim would keep resetting to unknown cdma phone and you have to remember to reset to vx9100 each connection(mine was COM6...found that one via auto-detect) Anyhow, enough rambling, just an update for the Vista ppl out there. Anyone else find out how to get rid of Telus Media player? we decided to cancel web connection on this phone due to ridiculous charges they stuck on us just for surfing the music store etc. and now we cant even play the songs we transferred to the micro SD

› See More: LG VX-9700 Dare From Telus
  2. HellaTruvios

HellaTruvios Guest

You can install applications using Bitpim. Its requires a bit of hex editing, but its honestly really simple. There is a guide as well at lg-dare.com so possibly you guys can check it out there.

The forums is in a subforum called Telus. The guide is in the guides section. You'll find it eventually if not right away.

Well I hope you all enjoy.

P.s. You can overwrite Telus player with your own, and GPs with your own.
    If you have a web plan thats ideal. Since it costs less than having GPS and Msn together, and you can install a chat client, and a web browsing application, and GPS all for the price of just Web browsing plan. The phone requires java files as well. Only Telus provider supports Java.

3. DurteSanchez

DurteSanchez New Member

Yes, that site is good, but the moderator of that channel seems to be a little too cozy with Telus and gives a lot of answers that you can google everywhere else, and a ton of non-answers the way Telus customer service does....makes me wonder where his day job is.

4. mikewregan

mikewregan New Member

Putting the files in Brew/Mod/Ringtones worked fo me on my Telus Dare. Im using XP SP2
    with the LG CDMA USB drivers (see link above). I manually configured BitPim to the Dare (9700) not the 9100. I'm tempted to send Telus an email with a big Raspberry in it. Telus' official position (('ve actually been told this by a senior telus rep is that they want to protect "Artist's rights". I guess selling ringtones doesn't enter into the equation.

5. gearhead79

gearhead79 New Member

:)Thanx a lot HellaTruvios! I had no broblem following your instructions.

Just read guys!:smart:

6. cacheman94

cacheman94 New Member

i would like someones help PLEASE. I have tried quite a few things just to get free ringtones on my LG Dare (Telus) but apparently its all blocked. Can someone please give me links for what i need to download and clear instructions. Im a new user but im not a stupid computer user haha i know what im doing most of the time. I do have Bitpim but i am downloading the beta version right now.. which is somewhat a big file on dial up !! Please help me :(

7. cacheman94

cacheman94 New Member

Okay Nvm guys I've figured it Out. Its actually not that difficult. And I didnt use the beta version either, just the regular. If anyone needs help just messge me :)

8. mefmcw

mefmcw New Member

Hello HellaTruvios
    I have been reading your post on Telus LG Dare getting it to work with BitPim, i get as far as right clicking in the blank area and selecting get file and selecting the ringtone i want but when i click open i get a box msg it says "Access to file/directory has been block on this phone by the phone provider" can you help further????

Thx

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?