1. Welcome to Verizon Forums - the unofficial Verizon community! Have a question about Verizon? Click HERE to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Expecting Cell Phone Forums? We recently moved Verizon specific content to VerizonForums.com. If you previously had an account on CPF, it has been transferred!
    Dismiss Notice

LG VX11000 enV Touch - Play MP3's on PC

Discussion in 'LG enV' started by lreichen, Aug 25, 2009.

1. lreichen

lreichen New Member

Just got my Touch a week or so ago, and so far I love it.

I do have one quick question:

Has anyone else used the phone to play their MP3's on their PC?

I have successfully transferred my CD library to the phone's MicroSD card and can play all of the music on the phone.

What I'd like to do now is plug the phone into my XP PC and play the MP3 there, taking advantage of the better sound quality, speakers, etc.

I have unsuccessfully tried two methods:

- USB Mass Storage which not only doesn't allow me to even see the MP3 files on the phone but it also turns off the phone. In this mode I am unable to receive calls or texts.

- and Media Sync Mode which does allow Windows Media Player to see the songs, albums, etc, but cannot play them or copy them to the hard drive to play there.

Ok gang, what am I missing? I would assume it's something so simple I'll kick myself later! :)

Thx for the help!

Louis

› See More: LG VX11000 enV Touch - Play MP3's on PC
  2. NeoBox3

NeoBox3 Invisible LG Man

Well if you have a Sound Card with a "Line-In" Port, you can plug in a Standard 3.5" Headphone AUX Cord
    [has the plug on both sides]
    then you can play music from your phone directly on the computer speakers. i tried it with my
    Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Edition, and it worked fine

2 people like this.
  3. lreichen

lreichen New Member

Thanks for the reply, I suppose that is a good alternative. I would also have to plug it into the USB cable as well to make sure I didn't drain the phone battery.

I was really kinda hoping for a one cable solution, but at least I have options. :)

Anyone other good suggestions, that get me closer to my goal?

1 person likes this.
  4. NeoBox3

NeoBox3 Invisible LG Man

My idea is 1 cable xD
    a AUX cord

Welcome to VerizonForums!

Unfortunately you can't reply until you log in or sign up.

Forgot your password?